Hurt from the past pt.1

This chapter will make more sense when I put up the other one but long story short, its part of a dream that Tayjia is having but it gives insight on their past relationship with their parents.

As I sat in the chair watching my sister mess with the office supplies, I began to wonder why we were both here. I normally stayed to the back and didn't really bother anyone but Hali was easily provoked so I would assume that it had something to do with her but if that was the case, then why invite me?

I didn't ponder the idea any longer though when I saw my mom and dad enter the room. They were young when they had us but they managed to stay in love and get through it together and I hoped that I would find something as real as what they had at the time.

"Hali put that down!," my mother halfway whispered in a shouting manner to my sister who had just grabbed a binder from the shelf. She put it back and had a seat right next to dad," now what seems to be the issue Mrs. Hastings?"

"No issues at all in fact, you two should actually be celebrating."

"Why is that?"

"You have two geniuses on your hands. They have the highest test scores in the state, Hali is leading in math while Tayjia is leading in science. They have shot our overall test score percentage sky high."

"Oh my goodness," my mom said with a look of pure shock yet so much happiness as she then hugged us," this is unbelievable!"

"It really is but that's not all I wanted say though."

"Oh?"

"Since their test scores are so high, we were wondering if you would consider moving them up a grade or two. We find that the work may not stimulate the mind for them if its too easy."

"Well we don't want to put stress in them now either," My dad said and my mom gave him a soft look and gave his hand a squeeze.

"But baby this could be good for them."

"I know that but maybe we should talk about it with them first."

"I guess you're right," she said then turned her attention back to our principal," we need to discuss this as a family first."

"Take all the time you need but I need an answer before the end of this nine weeks," she said gesturing for us the door. We exited with them as happy as ever.

When we got home, they sat us down at the table and we looked curiously at each other then back at them. They didn't say anything for a minute until I finally decided to break the silence.

"I want to be in a different grade."

"Um..eh..why honey?," my mother asked me and my answer was short and sweet just like me, well me at the time.

"I want to hurry up and be a doctor like you mommy," my mom was a pediatric surgeon and has been for a few years now. Seeing her help people the way that she did made me want to do the same.