The Storm

My limit was being pushed and my bones felt like they were cracking from the intense amount of pressure from the hits made to my stomach and chest

"You're focus is off, your footwork is iffy, and your direction is slow," said Sergeant as I heaved over tryna to catch my breath from all of the fighting we just did.

"Or maybe you're too fucking strong jack ass!," I said and he chuckled and I hit his arm which he shrugged off.

"Brat you have to find a better excuse than that. I've seen your potential, what's going on?"

"Fuck you serg."

"You got one more of those before I forget that I like you."

"Sorry Serg."

"You're better than whatever is killing you? You know that right?"

"I wasn't strong enough then, what makes you think I'll be strong now."

"I'm a betting man. That's how I got to where I am and I'm putting all my chips on you."

"Why?"

"Why not? It ain't about proving me right, its about proving everybody else that they wrong. You good as hell at what you do and one day when Serpent and I are gone, we goin need somebody to surpass us."

"So you saying I could be that somebody?"

"I'm saying you are that somebody."

Til this day, I don't know why Serg decided to choose me. There was many people with a lot more seniority than I had and a lot more skill but he said that his successor couldn't be anyone else, but me. I guess I should feel happy or even honored that he chose me over any of his pick of idiots, but I still wonder what he saw in me to say that I'm the one that needed to run this shit.

"Lady luck, how's it looking up there?," I asked.

"Its looking pretty good."

"Ducky, Saor, how about you two?"

"Coast is clear."

"Nigga you aren't even looking at the ground floor, you keep looking at that boy in the bakery window," Ducky said and I heard Saor groan.

"I can do both but seriously everybody is covered."

"Great now stop losing focus. Each moment lost can be more dangerous than the rest."