Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I tried to sleep that night, but I kept thinking about Brett. 

Does he like me? Does he think that I’m pretty? Or beautiful? Does he care that my life is all painting, and barely anything else? 

I’d known him for less than three days, and I already care so much about what he thinks of me. Usually things like that didn’t bother me, but he was just so amazing…

xxxxxxxxxx

The next day we went to rent bikes and biked around town. It was Ali’s idea, because for some reason she wants to try and exercise, even though we were supposed to be vacationing. I decided to call Brett before we left; he’d given me his number the day before.

“Hello?” Brett said when he answered.

“Hey, it’s me,” I said.

“Oh, hey, Beth, I was just about to call you,” Brett replied. “What’s up?”

“Nothing; I just thought I’d call and say hi.”

“Are you doing anything tomorrow?”

“Nope,” I said happily, and I popped the p. I liked where this was going.

“Well, do you wanna do something with me?” I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

“Yeah,” I said. I’d agree to anything if it was with him.

“Okay. Where are you staying again?”

I told him the address and he said he’d pick me up the next day at two, and not to eat first.

xxxxxxxxxx

We biked around town and did some shopping in Destin Commons, and I think I may have bought too much…I was glad that I had thought to bring my backpack. I found a cute outfit that I was going to wear tomorrow, and Kathy got a new sketch book. I’d also bought another cute outfit, and we also found a Victoria’s Secret. I may have gone a little overboard on the make up and perfume there, but it was too hard to resist!

After, we found a cinema and parked our bikes out front, then we went in and saw a gooey romantic movie. It was about forbidden love, but that’s all I could catch. I couldn’t stop thinking about hanging out with Brett that next day.

I called Brett again, but he didn’t pick up, and I decided not to leave a message. I didn’t want to seem pushy or anything.

I ended up sleeping a lot better that night, and I fell asleep a lot quicker. I dreamed that Brett and I were married and we had a little Brett and Elizabeth Jr. I woke up and laughed at how badly I wanted to be with him.

I had quickly taken a shower, got ready, and put on a white mini skirt, a light pink tank top, a white sweater, with sleeves that went down a little past my elbows, and flip flops that had an intricate design in white that I bought the day before. I had straightened my long hair and put on minimal make up, with a very light pink eye shadow and a thin line of black eyeliner. 

Brett called me around 1:30 and said he’d be early, but I was ready, so I didn’t care. Five minutes later he pulled into the driveway of the little beach house and rang the door bell. I said bye to Kathy and Ali and went onto the porch with him. 

He pulled me into a hug, as I breathed in his scent and electricity sparked throughout my whole body, and then we walked towards his car, holding hands. He didn’t say anything until we were in his car, but he still didn’t say where we were going.

“I missed you yesterday,” he said.

“My friends and I went biking,” I said, trying to hide the disappointment that I hadn’t seen him the day before.