Epilogue

Epilogue

*Two and a half years later*

I snuggled up next to Brett, looking at our children.

Our new baby boy, Lucas Alexander Smith, who just five months old, was laying on top of a blanket an rolling around on the floor. Olivia was watching The Wiggles in fascination, almost three years old.

I watched the snow outside, a thin white blanket over the beautiful city we lived in. Brett had put up a huge tree, that we had all gone to pick out. Olivia wanted to chop it down, but when I told her it was too dangerous and to just let daddy do it, she had begun crying.

We spent the next day stringing all sorts of decorations on it, including twinkling lights and ornaments, until it went perfectly in our home.

Brett and I had a semester left of college, until we started our careers. He planned to begin his own photography business, whereas I’d decided to become a graphic designer.

“Momma,” Olivia whined.

“Yes, Liv?” I asked.

“Why can’t I open a present now?” she asked, holding a rectangular box with pink wrapping paper on it.

“Because it’s Christmas Eve, sweetie,” I told her.

“Daddy!” Liv squeaked.

“Yes?” he asked. He had this look on his face, like he still couldn’t believe how big our daughter had gotten, but it was hard to describe…he really made the perfect dad.

“I wanna open one!” she cried, and tears started flowing.

I sighed. She was throwing another tantrum. And of course, Luke started wailing. I quickly got off the couch and picked him up, soothing him. After a moment, he was fine, and he’d fallen asleep.

His little face was so precious. He, oddly enough, always slept with his mouth open, in the most adorable little O. He had Brett’s blue eyes, and my blonde hair, a small tuft on top of his head.

“Babe, I’m going to put Luke in his crib,” I said, and began walking out of the living room. Brett looked up from calming down Liv, and nodded.

I went into his nursery, painted a pretty light blue. I set him in his crib and stood there, watching my little boy. The steady rise and fall of his chest, his eyelids fluttering. I smiled to myself.

I quietly left his room, to go check on how Brett was doing with Olivia.

“Mommy! Just one present!” she exclaimed. I sighed, putting my hands on my hips.

“Just one,” I said. Her face lit up, all traces of frustration gone. She picked up the pink box she’d dropped, and tore off the paper. I sat on the floor next to Brett, making me eye level with Liv, who was standing up.

“A Barbie!” she squealed. “Thank you momma! Thank you daddy!” She gave us each hugs, and we both had huge grins. We loved making our kids happy, because it made us happy.

Together, the four of us, we were as happy as could be.

The End

**********

Author's Note: It's finally over!!! Sorry this is so short, but it ended just how I wanted it to. So, I have the description for you guys to read for the spin off I'm doing!!! It's called 'Make Me Yours...I Dare You' and it should be up within the next two or three weeks, probably. Maybe even sooner(;

So, here's the description:

Olivia Smith is a modest, beautfiul, and succesful teenager. When she moves to her father's birthplace, her new neighbor is the biggest player in the school. They become friends, and slowly, a new kind of love develops inside of both of them. What will they do when they're not sure how to deal with their newfound feelings?

It's the POV of Olivia, obviously, and it's her as a teenager. So, anyways, I wanna thank you all for sticking with me through this whole book, I really appreciate it!! You guys are awesome!!!!

<3 you guys!! Thanks for reading!!!!