Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The next day I asked Brett if he could invite one of his friends over to his house and I would bring Kathy, who was single then, along, a double date. We decided on watching a movie, but we weren't sure which yet. We were going to decide when everyone was there.

"So is his friend hot?" Kathy asked, applying her mascara.

"I don't know who he invited," I replied, looking at myself in the mirror. We were in Kathy's room and I was helping her get ready.

"If I have a chance to talk to him, I'm taking it," she said.

"Of course you'll be able to talk to his friend, he's your date," I said, confused.

"Beth, sometimes I worry for you," she teased. "I mean Brett. Someone has to keep him in line." I groaned, knowing she would possibly scare him away. She'd taken karate all her life, and had a black belt in a dozen different things. She knew this pressure point on you that would make you pass out for up to a day.

"Please don't do what you did with Luke," I said, recalling one of my ex boyfriends. After only three dates he was scared away by none other than Kathy.

"If he really loves you, he'll listen to me," she said simply. I ignored her and looked into the full length mirror.

I was wearing a pale pink dress with spaghetti straps that showed a little cleavage and cut off right above my knees. I slipped on my silver Jimmy Choo's, and practiced walking around since I barely ever wore heels. I had curled my hair, parting it to the side, and pinned a strand of my hair back.

Kathy was in a deep blue strapless dress and matching heels. She had her shoulder length straight hair down, but she added light curls. She applied some lipstick as I informed her that it was seven.

I grabbed my silver Juicy Couture clutch as I left, slipping my phone and keys into it.

"Let's go," I said as I walked out of her room and she followed. I saw Ali in the living room one the couch, seeing she was on the phone with her boyfriend again.

"We're leaving," Kathy said loud enough for Ali to hear. She waved, showing she'd heard.

"I just miss you so much baby," she was saying to him. I rolled my eyes when Kathy looked at me and she laughed as we walked out the door. I locked up and we walked to my car in the driveway.

During the fifteen minute drive we sang along terribly to the songs playing on the radio, but this time I had the convertible top up. Thank God, because I think my singing had gotten worse.

Once I pulled in the driveway we got out and walked up the sidewalk as I rang the doorbell.

"Do I look okay?" Kathy stressed and I nodded. She smiled, obviously excited for tonight. The door opened and I looked over to see a smiling Brett, which automatically made me smile.

"Hey, baby," he said, pulling me into a quick kiss. He ushered us inside, and he looked stunning. He was wearing a black button up shirt, untucked with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and the top two buttons unbuttoned, and dark wash jeans. "Hey, Kathy, I invited Cody over to meet you."

If I was eating something at that moment, I would've choked. Kathy's smile wavered when she remembered I had told her about Cody the other day. Cody appeared in the room and I nudged Kathy towards him. I wasn't sure if Brett knew that Cody and I had had sex, but either way it was going to be an awkward night.

"Let's go into the media room," Brett suggested as he wrapped an arm around my waist and we all walked to the media room. Kathy and Cody sat next to each other on one side of the L-shaped couch and he casually draped an arm around her shoulder as Brett and I sat on the other side, us facing the tv.

I heard them started talking as I nestled my head into the crook of Brett's neck, just enjoying the moment.

"What movie do you want to watch?" Brett asked me as he pulled me closer to him, his arm still wrapped around me.

"I don't care, whatever you want," I said, closing my eyes at the comfort of his warm skin sending electricity through my body everywhere he touched me.

He got up and went to his shelves and shelves of movies, finding something to watch. I looked over at the other new couple and noticed Cody kept glancing at me when Kathy wasn't looking.

"Okay, I found something," Brett said, slipping in a DVD. He turned to look at me. "Want some popcorn?" I nodded. He started walking out of the room.

"I'll help you," Kathy said, getting up and following him. She glanced at me and I glared. When they had left the room Cody got up from his spot and sat next to me, our thighs touching.

"Hey," he said, putting his arm around my shoulders like he had with Kathy.

"Hi," I replied with malice in my voice.

"We haven't really talked since the party," he said, nudging me suggestively.

"And that was a mistake," I said sternly. "I was upset. It's okay between Brett and I now."

"You sure about that?" he questioned. I nodded and only then realized how close Cody had gotten to me. I turned my head to look at him.

"Got it?" I asked, doubtful.

"Sure," Cody mumbled. Then he leaned in, closing his eyes and kissed me. My eyes widened in shock. Apparently he didn't realize that I wasn't kissing him back, because he didn't stop. I put my hands on his chest, trying to push him away, but failed.

I heard someone growl and I finally was able to push him off.

"What the hell?" Brett hissed through gritted teeth, setting the popcorn he had in his hands on the side table.

"I'm sorry, Brett, it wasn't me," I answered even though he'd directed the question towards Cody.

"Baby, I'm not mad at you," Brett said, his voice softening. Then it went back to cold and menacing as he turned back to Cody. "Why the fuck did you just kiss my girlfriend?" I flinched at the anger in his voice.

"She wanted me to," Cody defended. I gasped and looked at him, my mouth hanging open. He smirked at me.

"No I did not!" I hissed.

Then Brett walked up to Cody and grabbed his shirt collar, bringing him up so that he was standing.

"Don't you ever, ever do that again," he said, his teeth gritted. I could tell he was trying so hard to not flip out.

"Once again, she wanted me to," he said, holding up his hands. I hissed at him as Brett growled.

Brett brought his hand back, formed into a fist, and punched Cody's jaw. Cody fell back on the couch, rubbing his jaw.

"You did not just fucking do that," he said, quickly getting back off the couch. I got up and ran over to where Kathy was, in the doorway.

Cody brought his fist back and punched Brett's stomach, earning a grunt as Brett held his stomach. I squealed, not wanting to see Brett in pain. I continued watching as they punched, hit and kicked each other. I jumped then whimpered every time Brett was hit, so worried he would get hurt.

After a couple minutes or so, Kathy jumped in. She walked up to Cody, stopping a punch he was about to throw Brett's way by catching his fist in her hand. She reached out and did something. Cody's knees immediately buckled and he fell to the ground, his eyes closed. She did the same to Brett.

"What was that?!" I asked, shocked.

"Pressure point," she said. "But I didn't make it too bad, they'll only be out a few hours." She sounded almost disappointed at that. "Now let's watch the movie."

I didn't argue as we watched the movie Brett had picked out, still scared Brett had gotten hurt during the fight. I knew he did it because Cody kissed me against my will, but still, I didn't want Cody to get hurt either.

Maybe, just maybe, if I wasn't with Brett, I would admit that I had feelings for Cody.

**********

Author's Note: Again another shorter one, sorry...but at least i'm uplaoding for the second time this week!;)

<3 you guys!! Thanks for reading!!!!!