Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Brett’s POV

As I drove Heather home, I still couldn’t get over the fact that Beth just didn’t care. It didn’t make any sense to me…I thought she loved me. I mean, I loved her.

Anyways, there was going to be a party that night, and I planned on getting wasted. I needed to forget about Beth, since it seemed as though she had already forgotten about me. I pulled into the driveway of Heather’s mom’s house. Her dad had left her and her mom a few years ago, so they moved to the states. That’s why she had an accent.

I stopped the car, waiting for her to get out. I really wasn’t in the mood to be a gentleman and open the door for her. I looked forward, hands gripping the steering wheel when I finally heard the door open, followed with the slamming of it. I didn’t check to see if she was in her house, I just peeled out the driveway and drove to my house.

I picked up my phone, and I dialed Cody’s number.

“Hello?” Cody said as he picked up on the third ring.

“Hey, it’s me,” I said, “what time’s the party tonight?”

“Uh, starts at seven,” Cody said.

“What time is it now?” I asked, not bothering to look at the dashboard.

“Six,” he replied.

“’Kay,” I said, hanging up. I knew it started an hour early sometimes, so that people could go swimming for a while until the real party kicked in.

I finally reached my house, and I parked in the garage, walking in the house.

“Hi, sweetie,” my mom said, smiling, when I walked in. My mom was a really caring and generous person. She had sandy blonde hair, the same blue eyes as me-that’s where I got them from-and wrinkles on the side of her eyes from smiling all the time, even though she was only about forty five.

“Hey, mom, I’m going to a party tonight,” I stated as I grabbed a water bottle from our fridge, leaning back against the counter and taking a sip.

“Okay, don’t stay out too late, though,” she said as she went to the living room to fold laundry. I walked up the stairs and into my bathroom, turning on the shower. 

I pulled my clothes off once the water was hot and stepped in, trying to get the steaming hot water to relax my muscles. After half an hour or so I got out, wrapping a towel around my waist. I walked into my room, checking my phone yet again to see if Beth had texted me. She still hadn’t, so I decided to text her.

Hey babe, how are you?

I sent the message and dried myself off. I went to my closet, pulling out swim trunks and a gray shirt, putting them on, the sprayed a spritz of my favorite cologne. I also grabbed a pair of shorts to put in my car so I wouldn’t be wet when we were done swimming.

I waited for half an hour for Beth to respond as I watched tv. I thought about calling her, but I felt like I should just wait for her to contact me. I called Heather instead, and we talked for an hour until I said I had to go, and I left to go to Tyler’s house for the party.

I got there after eight, and there were a billion cars parked. I could hear the loud music from the house as I walked up the sidewalk and into the house. I walked to the kitchen to grab a drink, just barely missing some slutty girl who wanted to talk to me.

I walked into the backyard and saw lots of people, and as I pulled my shirt off, I earned many lustful looks from girls. I grabbed my drink and walked over to Tyler, considering I hadn’t talked to him in a few days.