Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The next day Brett had something to do, so I was on my own…well, not exactly, Ali had been bugging me for the longest time to go shopping at Destin Commons, the huge outdoor shopping mall, with her and Kathy. I finally obliged, thinking maybe I could find something for Brett or maybe even for myself. 

I peeled out of the driveway around five, slipping on my white Dolce & Gabana sunglasses. I had put on a gray shirt with jeans and Converse, since we would most likely being shopping all day. I resorted to straightening my hair, and put on a little mascara and lip gloss.

Once we were on the road I turned on the radio, as Kathy, Ali and I all ridiculously sang the words to the song playing. Of course my convertible top was down, so if anyone was actually paying attention to us, they probably would have wished for ear plugs.

Once we got to Destin Commons, we decided to stop for a bagel at Panera. I ordered my chocolate chip bagel and iced tea, going to the table Kathy was already sitting at. She was rambling on about how she wanted to find some new shoes and outfits, I zoned out as I sipped at my tea and took some bites of my delicious bagel.

“Beth, are you even listening to me?” Kathy asked, and I snapped out of my daydream and noticed Ali had sat down at some point.

“Uh, yeah, totally,” I said taking the last bite of my bagel.

“Uh, huh,” Kathy muttered as she finished her sandwich. We got up, throwing away our trash as we left to start our day of shopping. I sipped my tea some more as we walked into a surf shop.

“So. Cute!” Ali over-dramatized as she ran over to a string bikini. Kathy walked off towards the shirts as I saw some cute swimming shorts. I found my size in a pair of white, teal and lime green swimming shorts, and I also found a cute keychain. I paid for my things as I waited for Ali to get what she wanted. Kathy had already checked out, and apparently she found a couple shirts she liked.

“Okay, I’m good,” Ali said as she walked over with her bag, and we walked out of the store only to get sucked into a shoe store right across the street. I waited once again, but saw some Sperry’s and decided to get another pair. They were a plain light beige, unlike my other two pairs that had designs.

They were taking a while so I told Kathy I was going to go to another store and I would text them. Once I got outside I spotted a Bath & Body Works, and decided to go in. I texted Ali, telling her I’d be in here when they were done. As I walked in I breathed in the wonderful smells of all the lotions and perfumes, walking over to the new scents. 

I got some lotion and perfume that smelled like citrus and looked at some lip gloss when Ali and Kathy walked in.

“Hey, I’m just gonna get this real quick, then we can to another store,” I said motioning to the lotion and perfume I was holding.

“Actually, I want to get something,” Ali said. No shock there!

“Oh, wow, Ali, really?” I complained. “We’ve already waited for you forever…”

“I see what I want! It will take but two seconds,” Ali replied fancily, emphasizing the word ‘seconds.’

“Fine, hurry,” Kathy said as she followed me to pay for my things. I pulled out my credit card, swiping it as I heard the door open. I turned, seeing something I would have never ever in a million years expect.

Brett was walking in, hand in hand, with another girl, calling her ‘baby.’

**********

Author's Note: Okay, sorry, this is really short but I wanted to get something uploaded. I promise I will upload again this weekend!! And if I have time I'll write the next two chapters and put them up..but I've had so much make up work from being sick): I finally had time to write this..but anyways, did you like it?? It was a spur of the moment decision to have Brett cheat...and he actually did cheat this time. I know, depressing.

<3 you guys!!! Thanks for reading!!!!