Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I had quietly gotten out the ingredients to pancakes, some eggs and bacon, and two plates. I didn’t want to wake him up, I wanted to make him breakfast, since he’d made me dinner. 

I mixed up the pancake batter as I made the eggs, sunny side up. Once I was pleased with the four pancakes I’d made-two for him, two for me-I finished making the eggs then set the bacon in a pan on the stove. It sizzled and I took it off when it was done. 

I put two pancakes, an egg and two strips of bacon on each of the two plates. I set the plates on the breakfast bar with two glasses of orange juice and cleaned up the mess I’d made.

I walked up the stairs quietly so I wouldn’t wake up Brett yet. I slipped under the bed’s covers again once I’d gotten to his room, and I snuggled up against him. I kissed him, and after a second he kissed back, as I could feel his lips form a smile at being woken up that way.

“Morning, babe,” Brett said lazily. He stretched, pulling his arms above his head as he sat up. I sat up as well, admiring him shirtless.

“I have a surprise for you,” I whispered. I got out of the bed. “Race you downstairs!”

“Wait, babe, I’m naked,” Brett said, hoping I would give him mercy.

“Even better!” I winked at him as I held onto the doorframe and bit my bottom lip, running to the hallway and down the stairs. A second later, I was picked up as I reached the landing. Brett’s warm arms had wrapped around my waist and moved me behind him.

“Hey!” I yelled, pouting as Brett easily stepped off the last stair. “Not fair!”

“Sorry, babe,” Brett smiled at me as I saw he’d pulled on a pair of jeans.

“I think I liked what you were wearing before, even better,” I pointed out as I quickly walked down the rest of the stairs.

“Oh, really?” Brett pulled me to him and he looked down at me, as he leaned in to kiss me. My tongue explored his mouth as I slowly pulled him to sit in one of the tall chairs where I had laid out the food.

“Can’t get rid of me that easy,” Brett said as he sat down and pulled me on top of him, so my legs straddled his waist. We kissed more, when I remembered why I’d dragged him downstairs.

“I have a surprise,” I whispered in between kisses. I pulled away from the magnificent kiss and pressed my forehead against his. His eyes had a glint in them, a glint I was becoming more and more fond of.

“Really?” Brett said.

“Yup,” I replied as I hopped down from his chair and sat in the chair next to his. I gestured towards the breakfast in front of us.

“Wow, Beth, you can cook?” he exclaimed sarcastically.

“Yes! Don’t sound so surprised!” I playfully punched his arm.

“This looks great.” Brett winked at me, and I noticed a double meaning to his words, yet again…but, I think he meant both, so a smile slowly spread across my face. I turned to the food and dug in, as did Brett.

We enjoyed our breakfast and we went to sitting on the couch, my legs wrapped around his waist again. We had a brief make out session as I felt his defined muscles.

“Um, Beth?” Brett asked in a tone I couldn’t figure out.

“Yeah?” I replied, confused.

“Are you wearing…a thong?” Brett asked. I blushed a deep red, and Brett chuckled. “It’s okay, babe, don’t be embarrassed. I think it’s sexy.” He winked at me, which made my heart flutter as always. I leaned  in to kiss him, when the leather couch made a funny noise that sounding like someone farting.