Chapter 11

Dante POV:

I was in the middle of packing when I got a call from Brandon. 

“Hello?”

“Shory was taken… He never came out of the building so I went looking for him. He was last seen with a janitor. We found his phone behind the building completely destroyed.”

My heart dropped and my mind went into over gear. 

“How long has he been missing?”

“30 minutes.” 

“Fuck. I’m about to get on a flight… I’m going to contact Oni.” 

“Yes, Boss.” I hung up and immediately called the assassin. 

“Yes?” A deep voice answered the phone playfully. 

“Axel was kidnapped.” 

“Last location?” His tone was immediately serious.

“Harvard University. Was last spotted with a janitor.” 

“Any hits on his phone?”

“Negative. It was broken.”

“Understood. We will co-operate completely on this.” 

“I’m about to be on a flight. I’m leaving you in charge of search and rescue until I arrive.”

“Confirmed command.”  I hung up the phone and quickly made my way to the airport. Time seemed to be dragging on as the plane was loaded and took off. 

Axel obviously wasn’t for ransom as there were no attempts of contact for money. It wasn’t the cult as his father has a habit of taunting those who he plans to attack. After a few hours, I got some information about the janitor. He was a regular at Axel’s old job and while I was in Germany he started working at the school. Axel must not have thought much of it, but that should have been a major red flag. I sighed before reminding myself he's only been in society for four years of course he wouldn't see that as a major danger flag.

It felt as though anxiety was eating me alive. I have a ten hour flight to get back home. Ten hours before I can start searching with my men. I could only trust that the Oni will find him.

I spent those ten hours reminding myself of every achievement of the Shadow Clan and that their information network is unmatched. I forced myself to calm down and put my faith in the assassins that had now become search and rescue.