Chapter 16

Raven POV:

I woke up with Axel still asleep in my arms and Dante snoring softly. I began gently kissing Axel's cheek and down his neck. He whimpered softly and shivered in my arms. I pulled his shirt over slightly and kissed his shoulders. His eyes fluttered open and looked at me confused. I pulled him back and kissed him. He melted into the kiss and hummed.

"Good morning," I said after pulling back from him a little. He smiled sleepily and giggled.

"Good morning," he said with a soft yawn. Dante rolled over, wrapped his large arm around us, and pulled us towards him. Axel's face ended up pressed against Dante's neck with my chest pressed against his back. Dante locked eyes with me. I didn't realize that when he pulled us I ended up being almost in his face. He leaned forward and kissed me. He bit my bottom lip gently at first and rougher when I didn't respond. As soon as I gave him entrance he dominated the kiss.

"Ummm... Guys...." Axel said. We both stopped and looked down at him. He was bright red. We chuckled and pulled away a bit and laid in bed entangled in each other.

"My back is sore... I'm glad I don't have school until Monday," Axel said with a smile. Dante smiled mischievously.

"I know how to fix those sore muscles," Dante said, his voice was deep and raspy from just waking up. Axel looked up at him through squinted eyes.

"Mhmm. And how would you do that?" He asked with a bit of attitude. Dante chuckled.

"Did you just sass me?" Dante asked, even though his tone was playful Axel began to tremble. Instinctively I pulled him closer to me.

"Good job," Dante said before kissing Axel on the forehead. He visibly relaxed and sighed. I kissed the side of his head.

"Good boy." I gave him a gentle squeeze. Instantly he smiled. His cheeks had turned pink.

"Wait a minute, how were you able to do what you did? You were shot like three weeks ago. That's not enough time for that to heal." Axel escaped our arms quickly and pulled the blanket off me. He gently looked over the bullet wound.

"It's almost completely healed..." He was shocked for a couple of seconds.

"Well, it is possible. I heal rather quickly as well so it makes sense that you can as well."

"Let's watch a movie," Dante suggests distracting Axel from his examination. Axel and I nodded. He rolled over, grabbed a remote, and pushed a button. Suddenly a TV was lowered from the ceiling and turned on. Axel and I stared in awe. Dante chuckled as he turned it on.

"What do you wanna watch?" He asked. We both shrugged. He hummed and pulled up a random movie. We spent basically the whole day in bed snuggling and watching TV. I had never lazed around before. The weekend seemed to be passing by in a blur and we all started working. Dante had an office set up next to Axel's so I could work from home with them. Axel would randomly pop in and hang out when doing his homework. 

Just as that first weekend together passed by the rest of the month seemed to fly by in almost bliss. Every night I would sleep with Axel and Dante in that large bed. It was running smoothly and I actually relaxed. I felt safe for the first time in my life. I wasn't afraid to go to sleep and was able to sleep deeply. My nightmares had stopped and I just felt better. The bullet wound was completely healed even though it had only been four weeks. Dr. Han never seemed to be able to fully grasp my healing abilities. He would occasionally say he wondered if I was even human.  

Everything was great until I had a target out of the country and I had to leave. 

It felt as though I had left a part of me behind as I got aboard the plane to fly to Japan. A prominent businessman was my target and I had already received the payment. I couldn't wait to get this job over and done with so I could go home.

I started to think about retiring and just working for Dante. I could be around them often and I could spend the time building up our relationship. We have a lot of trust in each other but there are still things we need to work on.

I sighed as I stared out the plane window. I had dated many people in my lifetime but I never felt this hollow leaving them behind. It's kind of frightening how big of an impact those two have made. I felt like a part of me was missing and it made me feel antsy. I knew I needed to cut the feeling off before I landed. Assassination work leaves no room for mistakes and the only reason I was injured that last time was because I ran through the warehouse lot at the wrong time. A deal had just gone down and they thought I was a spy. This time around there will be no mistakes.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I focused on emptying my mind and focusing on my body. I could hear my heartbeat and feel my blood flowing through my veins. I was in optimal condition and ready for work.

I landed a few hours later and made my way to the pickup point to get my guns. Got my sniper and headed to the hotel and rested for a few hours until nighttime arrived. I made my way to the sniper point. I took my place, spotted my target, and I waited until the perfect shot. It was a clean head shot that killed him instantly. I quickly dismantled my sniper rifle and packed it up. Strapped it to my back before jumping from roof to roof and scaling into an empty warehouse where some barrels of acid awaited me. I melted the gun in high-grade acid until it was a black sludge. I changed clothes, threw my old clothes into the barrel, and waited until it was destroyed before closing the lid. I slipped out of the warehouse and made my way back to my hotel like nothing ever happened.

I took a long hot shower before laying down on the bed. I quickly texted Axel and Dante in the group chat.

Me: I'm back at the hotel. The business deal was a success.

Dante: That took a long time. It's late at night now.

Axel: That's great! How long until you can come back home?

I chuckled and shook my head. I felt a strange feeling, I felt warm and I guess fuzzy? It's odd.

Me: Do you miss me or something?

Axel: Well duh!

Dante: I miss you too, you little shit.

Me: Lol. I miss you both as well. I'll be on my way in a few days. I have some paperwork to sign to finalize everything.

Dante: Don't take too long and remember to take care of yourself. Spoil yourself every now and then.

Axel: He's right you deserve to treat yourself.

Me: I'll try. I'll bring you both some souvenirs.

Axel: Okay. Stay safe! Good night sweet dreams I love you! Kisses!!! <3 <3

Dante: Sweet dreams. Love ya

Me: Good night. Love you both <3

I smiled and wrapped myself up in the blankets. I had people waiting for me. They're excited to see me again. I wonder how they'll react once I get home. Will they run to me to hug me? All of my previous partners never cared or only wanted to fuck as soon as I got back. Dante and Axel were different. They were open with their emotions and were quick to be physical in ways that weren't sexual. We had spent an entire day just in each other's arms talking and watching TV. I've been to a lot of high-end parties and all sorts of expensive adventures but they never felt right for me. Being around them was like the puzzle piece that was missing was found.

I got up and turned off the lights. I used my phone's flashlight to walk to the bed before putting it on charge. I barely slept that night and the next morning I got up early. I got dressed and made my way to the nearby shops. I bought some cute stuffed animals and candy for Axel before finding Dante a nodachi and a nice leather belt. I put the souvenirs in my checked luggage and waited forever to get through customs. I was anxious to get back home and hold my lovely boyfriends again. The fifteen-hour flight home would make this a three-day trip. I quickly texted them that I was about to be on my flight. 

15 hours of anxiety and ear-popping later I arrived back in Massachusetts. I grabbed my bags and walked out to the pickup area. I spotted Axel and Dante waiting for me. I smiled as I walked over to them and hugged them tightly. 

"Let's go home." I sounded tired. 

"Yeah. Let's go home." Dante and Axel led me to the car and I fell asleep on the ride home.