Chapter 25

Axel's POV:

I was in my office doing some homework when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled. Dante walked in. He looked serious as he sat in the chair across from me.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I stopped typing. He sighed loudly.

"Your father is in town. I have a plan to get captured by him so that we can attack," he answered. I froze. The thought of my father getting his hands on Dante triggered something inside of me. I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head.

"I don't like it," I said.

"I know Angel but it's the quickest way to find them. Plus I'm an escape artist. I'll fuck 'em up from the inside and then you and Raven will come in as back up with my forces and the Shadows," he said. He sounded so confident and sure of himself.

I knew I wouldn't be winning this argument.

"Did Raven agree?" I asked. He nodded.

"Well, I guess I have no choice. I'm going with Raven. If my father so much as harms a hair on your head, I'll show him a true demon."

Dante looked at me with wide eyes before smiling. He laughed and looked at me with pride.

"I'm proud of you. You've grown a lot. At first, you seemed so frail and frightened but you've replaced that fear with rage. But don't let it blind you," he said as he reached across the desk and grabbed my hand.

"I know..." I said with a smile.

"Raven has told me you're already on par with some of the high-ranking assassins."

I nodded.

"I didn't know I had it in me, but Raven says I have the reflexes of a wild cat," I said with a smile.

"Then maybe I should start calling you kitten," Dante teased.

"Raven just started calling me that today," I said with a chuckle. He sighed and pouted. I stood up and walked over to him. I spun his chair to face me, gently grabbed his face, and kissed him. His large hands grabbed my hips and pulled me closer. I pulled away and smiled down at him.

"I love you." I kissed him on the forehead. The idea of him ending up in my father's hands frightened me and angered me at the same time. I know Dante is strong and can defend himself, but you can't defend yourself when you're tied down and drugged.

"I love you too, Angel." He stood up, bent down, wrapped his arms around my waist, and picked me up.

"I don't think you understand how much I love you," he said and swung me from side to side. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his shoulders and kissed him. He pulled away from the kiss before burying his face into the crook of my neck. He just stood like that for a while. I gently rubbed circles in between his shoulders.

"Everything is going to turn out okay." He took a deep breath and sighed.

"I know... I just...." he started before taking another deep breath.

"I can't lose either of you," he said, his voice rough as if holding back tears. I had never seen this side of Dante. I kissed his shoulder.

"You won't," I said confidently.

"There is always a chance... Nothing is ever certain."

"True... But if you focus too much on one outcome or one issue many more will come up."

He sighed and pulled away from me. His eyes were red and a few tears had slipped past his guard. I gently wiped the tears away and smiled at him. He smiled back at me. He walked over to my chair, put me down, sat down, and then pulled me into his lap. I chuckled.

"I want to stay near you for a bit," he said as he hugged me.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled. Raven walked in and froze when he saw us. He smiled before closing the door behind him.

"You know?"

I nodded. He grabbed a bean bag chair and brought it over next to us. He sat down and laid his head on Dante's leg. I reached down and gently ruffled his hair.

"The plan goes into action in four weeks," Raven said.

"Hard to believe that we've all been together for only five months... It feels like we've been together our entire lives," I said with a sigh. I couldn't imagine my life without them. I don't think I could live on without them.

Dante hugged me a little tighter and kissed my shoulder.

"I can't imagine going back to living without you both." I sighed.

"Me either," Dante and Raven said together. I chuckled.

"No more acting like it's the end. It's too upsetting."

They both nodded.

"So what are you learning about now?" Raven asked.

"Brains and how to do surgery on them," I answered. Suddenly my phone went off. I picked it up and it was another text from my father. This time it didn't fill me with fear but filled me with anger. Dante and Raven looked at me.

"The target just messaged me. I don't know how he got this number. It's a new phone," I said with a sigh. I opened the message and scoffed.

"I hope you're ready for your return to hell! Both you and your sinner lovers will meet him in the eternal flame! An angel has come down to earth to destroy you and all other demons! An angel born of Jesus!" I read aloud. I laughed.

"Oh shit... My half-brother. Don't kill him depending on how he responds to my questions he might be worth saving. He used to help me back when I was in the cell and would do the minimum amount of damage possible when forced to hurt me. Honestly, I can't wait to see Molly and Joseph's faces when everything crashes around them. They call me a demon, I'll show them a demon when I dissect them with no anesthesia," I said with a smile. Raven and Dante looked at me in shock before looking at each other.

"Remind me not to piss him off," Dante said. Raven chuckled.

"We've created a monster." Raven looked up at Dante with wide eyes.

"Yeah! I can beat you up now."

"I think I can still overpower you," he said proudly. I chuckled.

"That's if you can catch me."

"You know I love a challenge," he whispered into my ear. I shivered.

"I have school work I need to do," I said as I tried to hide my blushing face. He chuckled and kissed down my neck to my shoulder. He rested his chin on my shoulder and watched me work.

After a few minutes I could hear Raven snoring and then Dante joined shortly after. I suppressed a chuckle and kept working. A few hours later I completed my work. I sat there for a few minutes debating whether or not to wake them up.

"Dante. Raven," I called out. They woke up immediately.

"What?" They asked in unison. I giggled.

"I'm done with my school work," I said. Raven was the first to get up. Dante stood and with his arms still wrapped around my waist. He carried me to the bedroom with Raven following behind.

He plopped me down on the bed and laid on top of me. His head rested on the left shoulder and his right leg wrapped around my left with his leg laid across my waist. Raven mirrored him and I was trapped. Surprisingly I didn't feel like they were crushing me, if anything I felt safe. It was like being covered with a weighted blanket.

"Good night sweet dreams I love you," I said before kissing them on the top of their heads.

"Good night. I love you both," Dante said before kissing my chin.

"Night, I love y'all too," Raven said before kissing Dante and me. It wasn't long before I passed out securely in their arms.