Chapter 17

Axel Pov:

The first month of our relationship went by so fast due to all of us being busy. Dante and Raven were busy running their organizations and often had a lot of paperwork to do while I was busy with school and working as a nurse. Time only seemed to slow down when Raven had to leave for work.  It wasn't until Raven left for work that Dante remembered the promise to have me work under one of his doctors.  He quickly managed to get me added to the team. The work was mostly gunshot and stab wounds. The doctor was strict and a bit harsh when it came to doing things. He seemed to have a grudge against me at first but after a few days he finally warmed up to me. He probably thought I had slept my way into the job, which wasn't completely wrong but Dante had initially sought me out for my skills. I had to keep it a secret from my two overprotective boyfriends.

Everything was going so well I had completely forgotten about my father until I got a text message.

Unknown: So you think the Mafia will be able to protect you from God. You know it was foretold that your mother would give birth to the Devil. I know you used some Devil magic to escape but you can't hide forever. Once I catch you there will be no escaping. I will complete the prophecy and punish you for your sins, Azazel.

I froze as I read the text and dropped my phone. Dante picked it up for me and saw the look of pure panic on my face. He quickly hugged me.

"What's wrong Angel?"

I pointed to the phone. He read the message from the unknown number. I paced and chewed on my nails as he read the message. I heard my phone go off a few more times. Dante's expression darkened as he read the new messages.

I knew the messages were crazy and would have normal people laughing, but I knew he meant it. He truly believed he was a God and that I was a demon that needed to be killed, hence my original name. I was literally named after a demon.

"So he's about to make his move. Don't worry Angel," Dante said as he swept me into a hug. It was not even a month since I was kidnapped and now my father has decided to make an appearance.

I clung to Dante and broke down.

"I can't go back. Please don't let him take me back," I said between gasps for air. Dante picked me up and carried me to Raven's office. When Raven saw me he immediately was on his feet.

"Baby what's wrong?"

"Don't... Don't let me go back," I cried. I was hyperventilating and clinging to Dante for dear life. He looked confused but quickly approached and led Dante to the couch. We sat down.

"Take a deep breath and let it out slowly," Raven said gently as he showed me what to do. His deep voice and mannerisms were calming. Eventually, I was able to calm down.

"What's got you so panicked?" He asked. I took the phone from Dante's hand and showed Raven the text.

"Seems like he might not know of me yet or he's pretending not to know of me. I already have 4 shadows following Axel whenever he leaves the mansion. Even when he is working with your doctor there are shadows around him... And I'm talking about my four most loyal and experienced assassins," Raven said. It eased my mind a bit to know that I had people watching over me. Until I realized they knew that Dr. Graven was difficult those first few days.

"I'm sorry for freaking out... It's just that I gave up for a while... Until some of the newer members of the cult started telling me about the outside world and joking with me. I spent a few years learning everything I could from them before making a break for it. I stole money from the cult and ran... I escaped at 18 and hopped on different buses until I got here. I changed my name and started dating Steven. I guess he got in contact with my father before the Shadows got him," I said before pausing. Both were listening patiently.

"In my last relationship, I had just assumed I was cursed and was going to avoid relationships altogether to focus on freeing myself and setting up a good future. Then I met you two and my life did a whole 180... I finally have a good life... I'm happy... I'm absolutely terrified that it's going to be ripped away from me." My whole body was trembling at the thought of losing them.

Suddenly I was sandwiched between them. I melted into their embrace and broke down sobbing. They didn't shush me or tell me to stop, they just held me. It was freeing, letting go of all of the fear, pain, and sadness. I cried until I fell asleep in their arms.

I awoke, laid out in the bed with a large pink bunny plushie in my arms. It was at least half my height. I hugged it tight and rubbed my face in the soft fake fur. I never had a stuffed animal before.

Slowly I got up, grabbed my plushie, and set out to find who gave it to me. I imagined I must look like a brunette Honey-senpai from Ouran HighSchool Host Club, an anime that I had binged watched last weekend. I knocked on Dante's office door and he fought down a chuckle when I walked in.

"Where did you get that?"

"Well obviously not from you," I said before sticking my tongue out at him. His jaw dropped and I quickly left the room to find Raven. I knocked on his door and walked into the room. He smiled.

"You like it?" He asked. I nodded and smiled happily. He chuckled when I walked over to the couch, put it down, and ran to him. I gave him a hug and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you!" I said happily. He pulled me into his so that I was straddling him. He gently grabbed my chin and kissed me deeply. He pulled back and smiled up at me.

"Maybe I should get you stuffed animals more often."

I laughed and got off his lap. I grabbed my bunny and headed to my separate office. I sat down at my desk with my stuffed animal in my lap. I rested my head on the bunny as I worked on my homework. Every time I would start to think about that text I would hug the plushie.

I would come to regret the decision to sass Dante... As I had accidentally started a plushie war.