Chapter 27

Mature audiences: scenes of death and torture.

Axel's POV:

Molly and Joseph glared at me as I smiled down at them. My younger brother looked at me in shock. Poor Gabriel probably didn't even know I was alive.

"You only did this to yourselves. You made me this way," I said as I walked over to my brother. Even though he was 2 years younger than me he was forced to take part in abusing me. He would always resist.

"Gabriel. I'll let you live but only if you denounce the church," I said as I stood in front of him. He looked up at me confused.

"I thought you would hate me," he said hesitantly.

"Your hands always shook when you had to do it," I said. Tears streamed down his face.

"Don't do it, Gabriel! You are the angel!" Our father yelled.

"I renounce the church," Gabriel said without hesitation. I smiled and hugged him.

"The Angel has fallen! Traitor! You'll burn in hell for this Gabriel!" They screamed as they had immediately thrown away the golden child. Gabriel was always terrified of his parents. I understood that he only did what he needed to do to survive.

"Do you really have to kill them?" He asked as he looked at our parents as they kept repeating themselves.

"Yes. If I let them go they'll hunt us down. Remember all that you had to do to me?" I asked. He nodded.

"They'll do it to you too. You know we had younger siblings at one point?" I asked. He shook his head.

"They killed them. They'll kill you too and feel nothing. I'm protecting you and avenging all that have died because of them."

He nodded.

"Go with Dante. He'll take you to a safe place," I said before unlocking his handcuffs. He looked up at Dante with wide eyes.

"C'mon kid," Dante said before leading him outside.

"You demon! You've corrupted the angel!" my father yelled. I walked over to him, grabbed his face and slid the blade right below his eye down to his jaw. He screamed in pain. Blood poured from the wound and stained his clothes.

"The only demon here is you," I said with a smile. I grabbed my tool kit and quickly stitched up the wound. I hummed. Part of me wanted to kill him quickly while the other part wanted to drag it out.

A quick death would be to easy, but I have much better things to than to spend too much time torturing him.

"Raven," I called out. He came into the building quickly and walked over to me.

"What's up Angel?" He asked. I looked at him confused. He never called me angel, only Dante called me that.

"That thing is no Angel! You've been fooled!" My father screamed. Raven only laughed.

"Can you help me move her to the table?" I asked. He nodded. We quickly moved my stepmother onto the table. She screamed and struggled but was quickly buckled down. I grabbed the medication and sedated her. She would be unable to move or make a sound but would be completely conscious. I cleaned my hands and put on gloves. I cut open her shirt and slowly cut open her abdomen. I looked over her organs and moved them around a bit.

Even if I wasn't going to kill her, her appendix was.

"Looks like your appendix is going to explode soon," I said. Raven was watching closely as I performed the surgery that would have been used to save her life. Once completed I stitched her up. I didn't bother stopping the bleeding. I wanted to see how long internal bleeding would take to kill a monster.