8. I dont remember

"Mate, what has your knickers in such a twist?" Oliver chuckled sitting back. As I paced around the room, I could not get over what I had done. I never intended to.

"I did something horrid."

"You're Lord Hugh, you always get a pass so tell me just how horrid was it to have you aggrieved—"

"Actually, speaking of which; I will be residing here for a bit. Hopefully Catherine does not mind?"

"I never, mind you know that Hugh." Oliver's wife informed me with a hint of playfulness in her voice as she sat the teapot onto the table on their porch. She gave her husband a kiss on the cheek, I immediately looked away. Not so long ago Anna was sitting right here with us. Not so long ago, everything was perfectly fine and we were laughing with joy and no worries for the future just simply enjoying the presence.

"Darling, Hugh says he has done something horrid." Oliver chuckled, puffing away smoke from his pipe. His wife turned to sit on his lap with her arms around his neck. He gave her a kiss on the cheek. Their overly affectionate attitude irked me, no wonder... I had went home desperate for any sort of passion and endearment. That was no excuse, my guilt wouldn't allow me to justify what I had done.

"Go on Hugh, take a seat?"

"I'm fine standing."

"Don't be difficult bud, take a seat and have some tea." Oli shrugged.

"I need something strong!"

"Is it that horrid Hugh?" Catherine asked.

"I had sex."

They both looked at me questionably.

"You have a lot of sex." Oli chuckled, bringing his wife closer. Their fondness was a lot for me to take in, I knew what would happen as soon as I left.

"He does, doesn't he?" Catherine said to her husband as if I had said something funny. With my hands in my pockets, I turned to look at them with a straight face.

"With Lou's nanny..."

"And so, I'd always assumed you always have sex with Lou's nanny?" Oli replied.

"That is Beatrice, this is Nora the virgin... well not anymore." I muttered under my breath.

"What was so horrid then? She was too inexperienced for you?" Catherine added.

"First of all, I don't think she even wanted to."

There was silence.

Oli and Catherine looked at each other then burst out laughing. I was a tad bit confused with their reactions regardless I took this opportunity to finally sit down.

"This is the first time, we've ever heard you say a woman did not want you." Oli replied.

"Very true, darling."

"This is serious, it's not for grins. I took advantage of the poor girl and the worst of it. I called her Anna. I thought she was Anna, it felt like she was Anna honestly."

"You're losing it mate!"

"You were really seeing double that night weren't you?"

"Suppose, I was."

There was awkward silence.