CHAPTER 12- Apologies.

"He whispered in my ear and told me feel" -Feel, Post Malone ft.Kehlani.

--------------ČƤŦƦ 12---------------

I wake up on Sunday feeling lazy. Checking my phone I see that it's 4 in the afternoon.

Wow, I slept a lot.

"I really need to get up." I say to myself. Straightening my posture, I stretch my body. Relief fills me and I sigh satisfied when I hear my bones popping.

I then go to the bathroom, freshen up and do my morning routine. Getting out of the bathroom, I just pull on some grey sweatpants and a plain black cropped shirt.

I quickly run downstairs. I walk past the kitchen and greet Alice, then proceed to tell her to make me a bowl of cereal. I head to the living room and find my dad watching the news, intensely.

"Good afternoon dad." I say giving him a peck on the cheek and flopping down on the couch next to him.

"Good afternoon." He grits out, his jaw clenched, like he's angry at something.

I don't push the subject and stretch my hand to grab the remote. Just as I'm about to change the channel my dad speaks up.

"Where were you last night?" He says stoically.

'Great, I'm fucked.' I thought to myself. He definitely knows.

"Um.. sleeping." I mutter, lying through my teeth.

"Are you sure? Because the security camera tells me something else." He states, turning his head and looking at me directly.

"What does it tell you?" I say hoping he's referring to something else.

"Now don't try to fool me." He warns. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. I saw you entering the house at exactly 2 am from the back doors."

"Maybe it was one of the guards." I shrug, avoiding his eyes.

"Novah!! Enough!!" He slams the coffee table and I flinch, suddenly scared. "Don't lie to me, I'm not dumb!" He says angrily.

I look at him tears brimming my eyes, without saying a word I stand up, heading to my room. I run into Alice as I do so.

"Novah honey, your cereal." She says, holding a tray with my cereal on it.

"You can have it." I tell her with a cracked voice, not lifting my eyes from the ground.

I storm to my room and slam my door shut. I jump on the bed and bury my head on the pillow.

"I won't cry. I won't cry. I won't cry." I keep telling myself, lifting my head I wipe my tears and plug my AirPods on, listening to music to calm me down.

My music was cut short when I got a call from Stacey. I take a deep breath and answer her.

"Hello?" I say, lacking enthusiasm but thankfully my voice didn't crack.

"Good morning Novs!" She greets, cheerfully.

I snort, "Morning? Stace, it's 4 in the afternoon." I tell her.

"Well to me it's morning since I just woke up." She exclaims. "Anyway back on topic. I'm going to the mall today, wanna come?" She asks.

"I would like to, but unfortunately I'm grounded." I tell her.

"oh that's a bummer, Caleb is grounded for what he did to Beatrice too. I guess I'll go with Beth then." She says.

"I'm sorry.." I tell her.