CHAPTER 1- Why me?

"This time I'm ready, ready to escape"- Save me,Kadebostany.

————-C͙H͙A͙P͙T͙E͙R͙ 1: Why me?————-

Silence.

That's all I hear. Stuck in the same room I have been in since I was kidnapped when I was 10 years old. Everyday people with masks on there faces come in and beat me up. I've been trying to find a way to escape but there was no way out.

One time a masked man came in the room to bring me food and beat me up like usual. When he was mid punch, I closed my eyes hard and was ready for impact but nothing came. I opened my eyes slowly as I heard a distant voice call for the masked man in front of me.

"Don't you dare move!" the masked man told me.

"GUNNER COME HERE!" Someone shouted from downstairs.

"Coming boss." He said hurriedly.

The masked man then rushed out the door. Tears started to stream down my face. As I started to sob my eyes flickered to the door, and I immediately wiped my tears.

"This is my chance to escape." I told myself as I stared back at the door that the masked man left open.

So I rushed quickly to the door without hesitation and got out. Lucky for me the corridor was calm and empty, and from my many attempts of escaping, I knew my surroundings. If I go left a flight of stairs that lead to the basement will face me and right beside it is a door that leads to another room — jail cell as I like call them— so I took a turn to my right.

As I turned right I saw a door that I've never seen before. I quickly turned the door handle but it was locked. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs and I frantically tried to find an escape. I looked around and found a window to my left. As I'm about to open the window a masked man appeared.

His eyes widened when he saw me, "HEY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He shouted and ran to me, grabbing my wrist and dragging me back to the room while I shouted and panicked, thrashing in his arms.

"Please leave me alone!" I cried.

He pushed me inside the room and locked the door after threatening me. I heard quick footsteps going down the stairs, and faint shouting.

I sat there in the corner of the plain white room with only a mattress on the floor and an old wooden chair, thinking about what will my punishment be this time when they come back. Tears started flowing freely and I kept thinking about when will I be free from this torture, 'why me why me WHY ME!!!!!' I screamed to myself, hitting my head over and over again, feeling a headache starting to form.

After a couple of minutes and a lot of ticking from the clock on the wall, I heard the door being unlocked and it flew open.

Immediately all thoughts flew out of my head when I saw a figure I've never seen before. It looks like he is the boss since he's wearing an expensive looking suit. He's a bit chubby and has a different looking mask, and two masked guards behind him.

"How many times do I have to order my men to threaten you from ever escaping again?!??! HUH!??!?" He screamed out of rage holding a pocket knife I hadn't seen before to my throat.

"Don't you ever learn your lesson from last time you tried to escape?!" He said as he increased the pressure of the knife on my throat.

He looks deep into my eyes with disgust and mumbles, "you have his eyes..."

Before he had the chance to slit my throat I moved my head away to prevent him from cutting my throat at the last second.

He chuckles darkly before he draws what feels like an X above my eyebrow and I couldn't move away this time, because one guard was holding my head steadily to prevent me from moving, while the other one was holding my wrists behind my back.

"Please stop!" I say, tears streaming down my face.

"Oh don't worry I'm not done with you just yet." he said with an ugly smirk on his face.

The boss then left the room and came back with a baseball bat as he said, "You are my prisoner and you will obey me or else I'll make your life more miserable than it already is." he chuckles evilly.

He then hit me on the head with the bat  so hard I thought it was going to snap off. I screamed in pain since I already had a headache and the hit made my head pound even more. I feel myself drowning in darkness but before I blacked out I heard a faint, "X marks the spot." then an evil laugh.

After that everything went black.

——————————

First chapter, YAY!!!! 🎉

Did you like it?

Tell us your thoughts in the comments.

Thanks for reading.

Love ya,

Ava and Olivia