CHAPTER 7- Game on.

"I've met someone that makes me feel seasick. Oh, what a skill to have, oh, what a skill to have" -Kill the director's, The wombats.

------------c͔ͣͦ́́͂ͅh͚̖̜̍̃͐a̘̫͈̭͌͛͌̇̇̍p̱̱̬̻̞̩͎̌ͦ̏t̘̟̼̉̈́͐͋͌̊e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑r̼̯̤̈ͭ̃ͨ̆ 7:------------

I open the doors to my house, smiling happily, after a wonderful day with my friends.

Well... until Asher and my dad had to ruin it.

Walking inside, I lock the door behind me. I go to the kitchen to get a water bottle, feeling thirsty and put the pizza in the fridge.

I enter the kitchen and see my dad sitting on the table reading a letter and his laptop is in front of him, with papers scattered everywhere. His eyebrows furrowing with concentration and stress.

"Hey, dad." I greet him.

He jumps, "Oh, hey Novah." He smiles tightly as he brings the letter closer to him. "Didn't see you there."

I chuckle as I eye the card curiously.

"What's the letter about?" I say opening the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"It's nothing." He says with hesitation after a while, "Just work."

I nod "Sure." I say, still feeling like he's hiding something from me.

Going near him, I watch as he shuts the card quickly and puts it in a dark blue envelope with a sunflower symbol on it, hiding it under a paper.

Weird.

"Goodnight, I'm going to sleep." I say, grabbing my water and leaving the kitchen.

Looking back at my dad, I watch him staring at the envelope intensely and with anger.

I run up the stairs and enter my room.

I walk into the bathroom and do my night routine.

As I lay down in my bed restless, I think about the envelope and how my dad didn't want me to look at what was written inside, he's never kept something hidden from me. Then I realize something that made me sit up with wide eyes.

Dark blue is one of my favorite colors.

Sunflowers are my favorite flowers.

They were both involved with the envelope.

Is this coincidental?

I think not.

I have to dig into this but how will I get the envelope and where is it exactly?

After a while, I couldn't think of anywhere other than my dads office. So I quickly slip out of my room, keeping the door open.

I walk quietly to my dads office. I put my hand on the door knob and twist. It's locked.

I cuss under my breath. Maybe another day, but I have to get the envelope.

I slip back to my room and lay back in bed.

After a lot of turning around in my bed, I finally go to sleep with the envelope on my mind.

******

I woke up from the deafening sound of my alarm.

Yay.

School.

I enter my bathroom and do my morning routine.

Getting out of the bathroom, I head to my walk-in closet and pick a black and blue flannel skirt with a graphic white t-shirt. I pair the outfit with white Nike Air Forces. And pull my hair up into a high messy bun.