CHAPTER 13- Escape.

"But I promise you this, I'll always look out for you." -Sparks, Coldplay.

———————çђąƥţęŗ 13———————-

I head to the kitchen where my dad went and saw him sitting on the stool, his morning coffee in front of him.

I make my way towards him shuffling my foot on the ground. He hears my footsteps and looks up at me, "take a seat." he orders, pointing to the stool.

"Good morning sweetie." Alice greets while she makes my dads breakfast, with her usual warm smile plastered on her face.

"Good morning Alice," I smile back, taking a seat on the stool next to my dad. "Yes father?" I say, resting my forearm on the kitchen island to look at him.

"Who is that boy and why was he hugging you at 5 in the morning?" My dad speaks, straight to the point while staring at me with an emotionless expression.

I sigh, sick of these constant investigations. "His name is Asher, he's a friend from school." I tell him, dodging his last question.

But of course it never goes unnoticed with my dad and he signals for me to continue. "I don't really have a reason, he just came here I didn't tell him to come over," I tell him wishing he would let it go.

"See, that wasn't too hard to explain without causing a fight." He says, "you've learned your lesson to answer every question you're asked." He nods, drinking his coffee.

'I learned my lesson to answer every question I'm asked without causing a fight, but when will you learn to stop inspecting and questioning my every move??' I wanted to say, but I didn't want to go back to square one so I just let it go.

"Did you say goodbye to David?" My dad speaks after a moment of silence.

"No, why?" I ask, confused.

He gave me a look as if I was joking, "He's going to his mother today." He says slowly.

"Oh shit it's today?!" I ask, raising my eyebrows, only to be met with my dads warning eyes. "Sorry." I put my hands over my mouth.

"Is he gone now?" I ask my dad and he looks at his watch.

"I don't think so, but he will be leaving in a few minutes." He answers.

I stand up from the stool, not wasting another second. Grabbing my jacket that was hanging on the coat rack by the sliding kitchen door, I put it over my avocado pajama and dart towards the guest house; where David and Mr. Vincent live.

David's parents are divorced. He lives here with his father due to his work and because he doesn't want to live with his mother's boyfriend. He visits his mother every 3 months in her hometown and stays there with her for 2-3 weeks.

I was about to knock on their door when it suddenly opens and David appears on the other side with his suitcase beside him.

"Oh, thank God I caught you!" I speak, out of breath.

He smiles, "you think I would leave without saying goodbye to you?" He says, pinching my cheeks.

I smile back at him and he opens his arms engulfing me in a hug.

"I'm going to miss you." I hug him back tightly.

He puts me in arms length, "Don't try getting yourself in trouble while I'm gone." He warns, pointing his index finger at me. "Because that's all you've been doing since you started school."

I roll my eyes at him, "please, I don't want another Alexandro White in my life." I scoff, laughing.

"Novah.." he narrows his eyes at me.