CHAPTER 3- First day back to school.

We had fun writing this chapter, I hope y'all have fun reading it too. We edited some stuff, so it's a little bit different than the older version.

———————çђąƥţęŗ 3———————-

2 YEARS LATER.

My alarm went off and I groaned not wanting to wake up. Today is my first day going to a public school in a new town and I'm half excited and half nervous about it.

Oh wait, let's back up a bit.

So after I got home my dad wanted to keep me safe. So we changed states, moved into a new calm town, and he hired more guards around our new mansion. He also hired David as my personal bodyguard but the more I spent time with him the more he becomes like my best friend rather than my personal bodyguard. He's just a few years older than me after all.

As for what happened to me in that hell hole, I didn't really talk to anyone about it. My dad kept asking me about what happened there. How I was kidnapped. Where did the kidnappers take me. What do they look like. And what did they do to me, but I would always change the subject not because I didn't want to talk about it, but because I didn't want to upset him. He has enough troubles on his back to deal with mine too.

I was also homeschooled at first, and I spent every day, every night for the past 2 years studying nonstop to keep up with the kids my age and make up for the years that I missed.

And with the help of my dad and me being 'bright as a button' —my dads words not mine— And intelligent, I finally caught up with them in such a short period of time.

So this is why I woke up groaning today. Today is the day that I go back to school like the normal kids my age do.

I lazily rolled on my side reaching my hand over my bedside table and turned my alarm clock off.

I took my time in bed stretching my arms, my knuckles, and every bone in my body until I felt relaxed. After sighing in relief, I pushed the duvet away from me and got out of bed.

I went to the bathroom, took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. When I got out I wrapped a towel around my hair and walked into my walk-in closet to change into my school outfit. Which is denim shorts with floral back pockets, a white cropped dress shirt with a black spaghetti strap crop top attached to it.

I finished the look with a black belt and black leather boots. Once I was satisfied, I removed the towel from my hair and got out of the closet.

"Now the worst part." I sighed looking at my hair in the mirror. "What should I do with you?"

I blow dried my hair and played with it for a few minutes, pushing it from side to side to see what goes best with my outfit. At the end I settled with just curling the ends. I applied my makeup, and made sure to add more concealer over the scar above my eyebrow to make it unnoticeable for the kids at school.

It's my first day of school, and I don't want people to make fun of me because of it nor do I want them to ask questions about it. That scar itself opens doors that I once closed tightly. It reminds me of things I don't want to be reminded of.

When I was done, I slung my backpack over one shoulder and went downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and my dad was already sitting on the island stool, reading the newspaper. I sat next to him and Alice (our cook) slid a bowl of cereal in front of me.

"Good morning. How was your sleep?" My dad asked me.

"It was good."

"Are you ready for your first day back to school?"