Chapter 7: The News

(⚠️TW: Epilepsy, anxiety, seizure, panic attack mentions⚠️)

Nikki nods.

 "Alright, take your time and don't rush yourself." She said offering a gentle smile.

"Good luck mate. I think I'm going to head back to mine, Kristin's been there by herself." Philza said. 

"Alright," Tommy said

After saying his goodbyes, the older man headed out the door.

Tommy made his way back to his room after breakfast and set up his camera. Once everything was set up, he turned on the camera and sat down. He decided to take it slow, he could always edit sections out.

"So, as you've most likely seen from clips circulating or you were watching the stream, I had a medical episode on Thursday whilst on stream. Now, some may have assumed it was from my blood pressure dropping, which was what I originally thought as well. But, the truth is I ended up having a seizure that lasted for what I believe was almost 3 minutes. This may seem like a major concern, but the important part is I have epilepsy so seizures are generally standard for me. I only truly knew it was a seizure and not a fainting episode when I was alerted by my service dog. So, everyone, meet Leo." He said, angling the camera towards the golden for a few seconds while the dog stared up at Tommy with a small tail wag. The boy continued.

"During the episode, Leo not only helped stabilize me as I moved to the ground from my chair, but also helped prevent me from hitting my head during the seizure.Leo also helps with my anxiety. He helps to alert to, and mitigate my panic attacks. He also provides other assistance tasks. But, I won't go into detail. I realized, I shouldn't have hid this from you guys. I'm glad I've finally decided to be transparent with you all and I also hope that this shows anyone watching who struggles with any of these same issues that you aren't alone. So there you have it. I hope everyone is doing well and I'll see you in the next one. Bye."

Tommy shut off his camera and smiled. He did it. He'd sent the video off to his editor. After shutting everything down he headed back to the kitchen where everyone was talking and making conversation. He beamed and they all jokingly applauded him, he laughed and bowed.

"I think as a celebration, I'll post something on your Twitter about what a good friend I am." Tubbo said. Swiftly snatching Tommy's phone from the countertop.

Tommy laughed and began chasing Tubbo around the kitchen grabbing at the phone and failing. Tubbo laughed and jumped in the air with his arm extended so Tommy couldn't reach it. Suddenly, Leo came over, pawing at the boy. Everyone stared concerned, Tommy laughing it off,

 "It's just a low blood pressure" He lied.

Quackity raised his hand like a toddler

 "Can I be the waterboy?"

Tommy laughed and nodded which sent Quackity sprinting to the bedroom. Nikki and Wilbur headed to the living room to go on their phones now that the mornings events had dulled down. Quackity ran back stumbling over his own feet and slammed it on the table.

"What's my time? What's my time?" He questioned, jokingly overexcited.

Tommy laughed

"Uhhh like 4 seconds" Tubbo responded.

"Yussssss" He said, pumping his fist.

Tommy sipped his water and Quackity headed to the living room satisfied with his work. Tommy looks to Tubbo and noticed Techno, still standing in the kitchen. He rubbed the side of his nose with his thumb. The sign he and Tubbo had created for seizure. Tubbo nodded understandingly.

"Wanna go play Mariokart?" He said in an attempt to remove them from the situation.

"Yeah sure" Tommy responded.

They started walking towards his room, Leo trailing behind.

 "Can I play?" Techno inquired as they walked away.

"S-sure" Tubbo responded, unsure of what else to say

"Yeah, I- I guess so" Tommy stuttered out.

 "Cool" Techno responded.

"Wait, can we all play in the living room?" Niki asked from her spot on the couch.

Tubbo looked at Tommy nervously.

"Uh, sure" Tommy said, unsure of what else to say.

"Yeah, ok" Tubbo said.

"I'll go get the game from your room." Quackity volunteered.

Quackity quickly stood and ran to the blonde's room to get the game and controllers and hook it up to the TV. He came back and set down the controllers. As he set up the game Tommy and Tubbo stood nervously with Techno behind them.

"You okay?" Techno directed towards Tommy.

 "Um.. yeah I just, uh." The boy said in an attempt to respond. His eyes seeming glassy, as he appeared disoriented.

"Tommy?" Techno questioned.

Leo decided to intervene, placing his paws on Tommy's hips, pressuring the boy to lay on the ground. 

Tommy pushed the dog from him gently.

"Toms don't ignore him. You need to listen." Tubbo said gently.

Tommy opened his mouth, in an attempt to protest, but before he could his eyes rolled back and he began to fall.