Part 2 Chapter 2- The Journey

(I low key wanna do these at the beginning but you can skip them cause I skip them on other people's but shhhhh also please please criticize me when/if I do something wrong like if I don't add a TW where there should be one or don't put credit where credit is due)

(⚠️TW: Seizure mentions, anxiety, panic attack, confrontation, blood⚠️)

We finally arrived at the airport and Wilbur parked. He climbed out and opened the back. He swung out his relatively small duffel bag and suddenly I felt my face heat up as I lugged out the 2 suitcases with my backpack on already.

"You want some help?" Wilbur asked gently. I shook my head and set down the suitcases. I didn't want to burden them just cause I had twice as much stuff. That was my own fault. That's when I realized that Tubbo had been holding Leo's leash, as I had previously handed it to him. I realized, and took it from him not wanting to be more of a burden. I threw the leash over my shoulder, knowing I'd later take it off altogether for his safety in case I had a seizure. I noticed Tubbo's hurt expression. I ignored it, I had to seem fine cause otherwise they'd coo over me and that's the last thing I wanted. I was fine, independent and I didn't want them to treat me like I was fragile. That's why I had tried so hard to hide my secret in the first place.

As we got the last of our things out of the car, Wilbur handed his keys to the valet driver who swiftly took the car to a parking spot, for when we returned. I felt Wilbur put his hand on my shoulder.

"Let me carry one." It was less of a question and more of a request which somehow made me feel like less of a burden, so I agreed. We just had to get our suitcases to the check in area and then all I had to worry about was my dog and my backpack. I unclipped the leash once we entered and let the leash continue to hang over my shoulder. As we walked in, I praised Leo for his heel. As we walked to the counter, we placed down our bags and they were on their way. I was relieved they were no longer anyone's burden. At least until we got there. We were walking towards our terminal, when Tubbo groaned out of protest.

"I'm hungryyyy," he groaned. Wilbur rolled his eyes and I laughed. We headed to a small coffee shop to get donuts or sandwiches or whatever they had. Wilbur got a coffee as well as a bagel, while Tubbo also ordered a coffee and added a chocolate glazed donut. I went with a decaf tea and a bagel as well. As we sat with our drinks and food making conversation, I saw people staring but didn't mind. Between being a streamer and having a dog attached to me at the hip I was guaranteed to get at least 1 or 2 stares. They still made me uncomfortable and shift in my seat, but never enough to spark anything. Wilbur's gaze remained on me, in a concerned stare. I winked at him, and it caught him off guard as he flinched, just a bit. I laughed loudly causing the strangers around us to stare harder but I didn't mind much anymore as we began to engage in conversation.

*Later*

We walked to our gates, stomachs satisfied, and the two caffeinated members of the group slightly perkier. I walked behind at an average speed considering I hadn't had the luxury of the caffeine for the safety of my anxiety. We finally found our gate and Tubbo plopped down next to Wilbur as they continued their conversation. I saw a small child staring at Leo and holding an iPad, barely hanging from her hands.

"Look Mom, Doggy!" She exclaimed loudly. The mom simply made a bland attempt at shushing her child, but it was clearly half assed. I groaned and had Leo tuck under my legs to keep him closer to me. The child started walking towards us and I uncomfortably shifted in my chair and Wilbur picked up on it, but figured he should leave it be. I took a breath trying to stay calm and I watched as the toddler inched closer. Wilbur stared at me but I barely noticed, I had my eyes locked on the girl, but was speechless. Leo stayed oblivious under me. Wilbur called out to the girl, making her turn. He handed her a guitar pick from his pocket. She eagerly ran back to her unemphatic mother. I looked at Wilbur and he returned the wink from our previous interaction. I gave him a weak smile, but I could feel the anxiety in the pit of my stomach. I just had to get on the plane then it'd be okay. Everything would be fine. They soon called our flight number. I realized that I'd have to board first with Leo. But without my friends. I stood and felt my legs practically shaking but I couldn't give it away. I just had to get to the plane and sleep away the anxiety. I stepped forward handing the friendly woman my ticket.