Part 2 Chapter 16 - Rain

I shoved the bar into my mouth, suddenly ravenous. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I tasted the granola bar. As I finished the granola bar, I looked up at the concerned faces of Niki and Wilbur. Karl was sitting on the bed, petting Leo. I looked back to my folded hands that sat in my lap. "I- I'm still hungry." I said in a slight mumble. "What would you like?" Niki asked. "Chinese takeout?" I said looking up. "Ooh, wait, can we have a game night?" Karl asked with a little clap of his hands. "I don't see why not." Wilbur said shrugging. "Yusss" Karl said with a pump of his fist. I laughed, slowly bringing my knees to my chest to rest my head on them but I couldn't ignore the ache in them and I clenched my jaw as I brought them up. Which thankfully went unnoticed by the small group in my room.  "What would we play?" I asked. "Oh shoot, we don't have games do we?" Niki said. "We could run out to Walmart or something and grab some." Wilbur stated, Karl must have noticed me tense up at the statement. "Let's only send a few of us." He chimed, in an attempt to calm me down. Wilbur nodded, understanding Karl's message. "Okay, let's go tell the others." Karl stated, standing from his spot as my friends began to move. I stood from my spot, only to be forced straight back down, letting out an audible gasp. Wilbur immediately turned around noticing my pain. "Hey Tommy,  you need help?" He asked gently. I nodded at the ground, ashamed to ask. "You don't have to feel bad about it." He said gently. I looked up, nodding again. He slid his arm behind my back and my arm went over his shoulder. I stood awkwardly moving to the living room and flopping dramatically on the couch. Regretting it as pain surged through my body. "Shit." I said gritting my teeth at the sudden ache filling me. "Hey, Tommy, you alright?" Dream asked. "Can I have the red pills in my bag?" I asked, gesturing to the backpack that still sat by the couch from earlier. Dream reached into it collecting the ibuprofen and handing it to me. I swallowed the medication and flopped backwards less aggressively this time. "Okay, so we had an idea." Karl said. The group turned to listen. "We were thinking we could have a chill game night, eat Chinese food. Maybe play some video games too. Stuff like that." Karl said as he finished his explanation. After reaching a collective agreement, George, Sapnap, Dream, and Wilbur headed out to grab the games and we awaited them at home while Karl ordered the Chinese food for them to grab on the way home.

As we sat on the couch waiting for the group to return, I realized I hadn't had water for a while, a while being almost a day. "Hey Qua-" I began to say as he almost instantly stood from his spot looking at me like some sort of puppy dog. I nodded, sending him full speed barreling down the hallway, exciting Leo who eagerly chased him towards my room then back out. He set my water bottle on the table and flopped on the couch dramatically. "Thanks." I said. He nodded, panting. I opened the bottle and took about 4 steady gulps and stopping for a breath. I hadn't realized just how thirsty I was. I drank until the bottle was empty and stood to fill it, falling backwards due to the still prevalent pain. While the medication did its job it still hurt like hell. The conversation came to a halt. "Can I fill your water?" Tubbo asked from the opposing couch, gesturing to the empty bottle. I nodded, handing the bottle to him. He walked to the kitchen and filled the bottle, returning and handing it to me before continuing the conversation as he sat back down next to Ranboo. 

As our conversation on who was the worst at Minecraft continued, Dream burst through the door causing the group to collectively jump. We turned to see he had about 4 board games and a bag of takeout. "Who's ready for game night!" He yelled. The group dissolved into laughter. After serving up plates the group came back, Nikki handing me my plate as I sat on the same spot on the couch. I took it with a grateful smile and began to shovel the noodles into my mouth. Monopoly was first, and by the time we finished, the plates had been moved to  the sink and Wilbur was winning. Eventually, Wilbur took the victory and we cleaned up the game. Karl left before returning with a console and plugging it into the tv and turning it on. He rushed back to his room returning with a VR headset. This was going to be fun.