Part 2 Chapter 18- Bittersweet

Merry Christmas you guys, this is quite bittersweet for me, I'm glad you've shown so much support for this story and as of currently we are #1 in the Service Dog category. I'm so happy, and so proud. Thank you for your endless support, this wouldn't be possible without your votes, comments, and reads. I am so happy I could educate, inspire, and entertain so many of you and I hope this story continues to do so. So so so much love! -Grace (Aka the author)

As you probably know I've had this chapter in my drafts for an extremely long time and though recent events would thoroughly change certain parts (or characters) of the story. We're going to act as thought they are in their own little time vortex or something-

The next morning, the house was silent. I woke up to Leo ringing the small, quiet bell that sat by the door, letting me know he had to go to the bathroom. I turned to see that Wilbur was still asleep. I stood putting on his collar and we headed outside. I went out the front, deciding to take the obedient dog on an off leash walk. He healed by my side properly, when he strayed a bit sniffing the grass I let him, and quickly he relieved himself and we continued our peaceful morning walk.

As we continued down the street, a woman approached with some sort of doodle. I called Leo to a heel, deciding it best to avoid them. That's when I noticed it, the unlocked flexi leash. The doodle began making its way towards us. I thought quickly, moving across the road to the opposite sidewalk. The dog then began barking and lunging making its way across the street with its length of leash. I felt my heart jump to my throat as the dog approached us. Leo healed on my left making him easily accessible.

"Leo, between" I said, my voice trembling slightly, but the adrenaline being the only thing I could feel.

"Stay." I said. Making sure he wouldn't move from that position. As the doodle continued to approach, I yelled out.

"Please keep your dog away ma'am." She scoffed, basically ignoring me. But, kept walking, dragging her dog with her. Finally the dog was far enough away. I released Leo from between my legs and he alerted to the oncoming panic attack. Jumping straight up on my hips, his cue that essentially meant "Get the fuck down." I quickly sat down on the sidewalk, as I grabbed the collar of my shirt trying to get in more air. Leo slid himself into my lap, licking at my face and hands to help ground me and engage me. "G-good boy." I stuttered, breathing gradually becoming more difficult. What do I do? The panicking was only getting worse and now I was scared, as I watched a few people on the suburban street come out to get their papers and such. Looking to me with concern. Oh please don't come over here. I thought. Finally I decided I needed help. I needed someone. I pulled my phone from my pocket and going through my recent calls, eyes filled with tears, finally getting to the first name that I could actually use. I clicked on it, quickly, without much thought, and began to call.

Ring Ring

Ring Ri-

"Hey Tommy, what's up, everything okay?"
"N-No, I took Leo on a walk but there was a dog and it started coming at us and everyone's fine and they're gone now but I'm not sure where I am a-and I'm having a panic attack, and there's people looking at me and I don't know what to do please come help me. Please." I rambled out.
  I could hear as he began to rush, opening the door, and hurrying down the sidewalk.
"Okay, okay, everything's going to be okay. Just listen to my voice, I'm coming to find you now alright? Just listen to my voice. Okay, I'm coming down the sidewalk. I can see you and Leo. I'm gonna be right there okay? I'm gonna hang up now but I'm almost there, I can see you."

I looked up and saw Dream making his way towards me. I looked at him desperately. I needed help.

Finally Dream was crouched in front of me on the sidewalk. My chest felt locked in place and the air I was trying to suck in was stuck. My hands were shaking and tears were streaming down my face. Dream was talking gently and attempting to get me to take deep, slow breaths. My breathing was evening out a bit but I was still out of it. Leo was hard at work, but we weren't in an environment where I was able to focus enough to calm down, my brain on high alert as people opened their doors and birds screamed to each other through the trees.