Chapter 10 - Shifting (2/2)

"Hate to interrupt the moment, but we're here. Toshinori is inside." GT told the 2 as they followed him into the house.

Inko, Izuku, and GT walked into the massive house. They entered the house and were met by the house help.

"Hello, GT. Mr. Yagi is a bit busy right now." She told him. "Please take a seat, I'll just let him know that you're here."

"So this is Mr. Yagi's house." Izuku exclaims looking around. "Looks neat."

"I must say, even though Yagi is a pro now, his fanboy tendencies haven't stopped." Inko remarked, looking at the many photos of Toshinori with heroes.

"That tendency of his is what separates him from other heroes in my eyes. It keeps him grounded, in a way of speaking." GT told her.

Izuku and Inko sat on one of the sofas in the living room, waiting for Toshinori to come.

"So GT, I can understand the reason for the rift between mom and Mr. Yagi, but what happened between him and Hisashi?" Izuku asked him.

"That was because Hisashi was supposed to be the one to inherit OFA from Nana." GT told him. "Hisashi had been dating Inko since the first year of middle school and Nana could see his hero potential and decided to make him the 8th user of OFA, but this was before Nana met Toshinori."

Flashback. 

Somewhere in an alley. 

"You know Yagi, you should just give up. There is no way a quirkless person like you can be a hero." A black-haired boy told the blond. 

"You should just jump off a roof, you'd be doing not just the world a favor but also doing your parents a favor." A second boy told him. "We all know that they'd be happier without you." 

The 2 men laughed, as they pummelled the blond, before leaving him to bleed in the alleyway. 

Tears in his eyes, bleeding from multiple wounds, the boy got up, making his way out of the alley, heading somewhere. He walked through the crowded areas of the prefecture, ignoring the glances he got, not that many people batted an eye to his bruised and battered self. 

In his head, the words of his abusers ringing in his head. It was at this moment, he decided that he had enough. The weight was too much to bear and he wasn't sure how long he could bear it. 

The boy walked up the stairs of a building, walking to the edge of the terrace and sitting down at the edge. He removed his shoes, placing them beside him, and pulled out a book from the tattered remains of his bag. He ripped a page, and wrote a note apologizing. He placed the note near his shoes and climbed up on the ledge, steeling his nerves to finally jump. 

"It's not worth it kid." A female voice told the boy. 

The boy froze in his steps. 

"It's never worth it." The voice told him once more. "So why don't you step down and we can talk this out."

The boy turned to see a woman wearing a dark blue sleeveless suit, yellow elbow-length gloves, white knee-high boots, and a white cape. "Whatever's troubling you, it's not worth losing your life over." She told him, extending her hand towards the boy, asking him to come down.