Chapter 36 - Plans and Punishment

"We, as a group, work on the orders of the host of the Phoenix Force." Rogers says, smiling as he sends the room into complete chaos.

"WHAT!!!!!" Izuku shouts standing up so fast that his chair fell over.

"Calm down, kid." Rogers says. "And let me finish, what I mean is, you are supposed to tell us what we do, but considering that you," He says pointing at Izuku. "Are still a kid, we'll be letting Nezu and/or All Might here decide what we do."

"That's better, I mean, I wouldn't have a 15-year-old running an international organisation." Izuku chuckles nervously.

"Obviously. But we still need your opinions for what we've had planned." Rogers says.

Izuku looks at Nezu.

"We're planning on having Roger and his men train you students in the build-up to the Sports Festival." Nezu explains.

"Is it really safe to hold the sports festival after what happened today?" Izuku asks.

"I don't want to hold it either. But there's only so much I can do when the Board is interested only in money." Nezu sighs.

"Then the students can make the whole thing a big game." Rogers suggests.

"A game?" Nezu says, looking interested.

"Yup. All events are predetermined and relayed to the student body. All students are reeled in for this and told what to do." Rogers says. "And we don't advertise the event more than necessary, and whoever makes the speech at the opening, makes it clear that the safety of the students is more important to UA and that money comes secondary."

"I like the idea." Toshi says. "What about you Nezu?"

"The first event is an obstacle course, the second one is a cavalry race and the third is as tradition calls, a one on one battle." Nezu answers. "That's the order of events for the sports festival. Since you'll be training the students in the next two weeks, I'd like you to tell them the news as well." Nezu answers.

"They won't agree." Izuku says, looking down.

"Who? The students?" Nezu asks.

"No, Izumi and the others." Izuku answers. "To them, this sports festival is like a way to show him that they're still strong."

"We'll take care of that. And if they don't agree, we can always have a closed-doors match with just the parents of the students." Nezu suggests.

"Good idea, that way we'd be able to monitor the progress they've made in the two weeks." Rogers says.

"So what, we put Class A against Class B?" Toshi asks.

"Either that or we could do randomized draws." Rogers suggests. "20 on 20 with the matchups being decided based on skill level."

"I'll talk to the other teachers and take a vote on this. But tell me how you're planning to train the students." Nezu says, taking a mental note.

"Well, we'll be distributing our Lieutenants among the class, one per class so we can cover all years." Rogers explains. "And they'll be taking care of initial assessments to see who needs what type of training. After that, we'll divide them into a few groups, Combat, Quirk Control, and other categories. Once that is done, we bring all the students in a group together and teach them the necessary skills. There will obviously be those that will need more attention than others, like that Gravity Girl that was in the meeting, she's definitely going to need some combat training, more than most others in her class."

"Then you obviously have Izuku, you'll need to learn to release your power and not limit yourself. With the way you currently are, you are limiting yourself, so you'll need to learn to remove that self-limiter." Izuku nods, understanding what Rogers meant.

"I guess that's what we're doing then. I'll have a meeting with the teacher's first thing tomorrow and Monday, we'll inform the students." Nezu says.

"Well, I guess my work here is done then." Rogers says, getting up. "I'll see you on Monday, and I'm no doctor but I'd advise you to stay out of any activity at least till Monday."

"Sure." Izuku chuckles.

"We'll go to Izuku. We'll grab some food on the way and then you can rest after." Toshi says, getting up as well.

Izuku got up and followed Toshi out.

"So, where do you want to eat?" Toshi asks.

"I just want to go home." Izuku sighs.

"Something wrong?" Toshi asks.

"It's been a day, you know that right." Izuku answers.

"But that's not it is it?" Toshi says.

"Let's not talk about it." Izuku sighs as they sit in the car.

"Whatever you want. I'll order some Katsudon from that restaurant you liked." Toshi says as they drive home.

Izuku stares out of the window of the car as the two pass through the cityscape heading to their home.

"There is a chance your mother will be at the house with the old man." Toshi says, as Izuku nods. "You sure there's nothing wrong Izuku?"

"I've told you, I'm fine just tired." Izuku answers. "There was a lot to take in and a lot happened. You know that right."

"I'll take your word for it." Toshi says. "But you can talk to me if you want."

"I know that, if I want something then I'll ask." Izuku sighs as the car comes to a stop outside the house. Izuku and Toshi got out of the car, Izuku walked straight to his room, not noticing his mother sitting in the hall waiting for him.

"Izuk-" Inko tries to call out only for it to her to be ignored.

"Don't take it personally, they've had a long day." Toshi says taking a seat.

"I heard. But weren't the students sent home early because of it?" Inko asks. "At least that's what Izumi told me."

"They were. But Izuku and Young Uraraka were held back along with the staff. Izuku for healing and Young Uraraka for reasons I didn't really understand." Toshi answers.

"Izuku was held for healing?" Inko asks.

"Yes, he was injured fighting an artificially created beast that was meant to kill me." Toshi answers.

"What?" Inko exclaims, shocked.

"Well...." Toshi starts to retell the events of the day, not noticing Inko slowly glaring at him. By the time Toshi reached the end of the tale, he had become painfully aware of the demonic aura surrounding Inko.

"And where were you during this whole event?" Inko asks, with a smile. Her aura, now calm and collected.

Toshi sighs in relief, being almost scared for his life earlier. "Well... I was at UA. I had accidentally used up all my time during the day making appearances in public." He exclaims.

"Ah..." Inko says, walking towards Toshi, who quickly realised his folly and had started to slowly back away. Forgetting to check his surroundings, he fell over the leg of a table and was now crawling as he tried to get away from an obviously angry Inko.

The two paused, as they heard the door open. Toshi looks at the door, hoping it was someone that would save him from Inko, only to get a boot straight to his face as Gran Torino made himself visible.

"Inko, it's not worth it." The old man says. "Trust me on this, this blonde idiot won't learn much from getting his ass handed to him, but if you don't hit him, it keeps him afraid and he doesn't make that mistake again."

Inko calms down for real this time. " Alright. I'll go check on Izuku once. I've made some snacks for everyone so help yourself." Inko says as she happily walks up to Izuku's room.

"I saved your ass this time you muscle-bound idiot, but I won't do it again." Gran Torino sighs. "Now get up, we need to talk about how you manage your time in that hero form of yours. And what really matters to you."

Toshi nods as he gets up, a red boot mark-making itself apparent on his face as he does so.