Chapter 12 - 10 Months

"How do you feel about Izuku Shimura? It's your mom's maiden name."

"Sure, we can go with that for now." Izuku told him.

That day or that night to be more specific, Izuku slept well for the first time in what seemed like ages. He did not have to worry about Izumi blasting into his room and hitting him to wake him up and then force him to complete not just her homework but the homework of the Bakugou twins as well. He slept knowing that he wont have to deal with Izumi, Katsuki, Katsumi, Shoto and Shoka any more, at least not till he got into UA.

To prevent any incidents at school, Toshinori and GT had transferred Izuku to another school that was closer to the Yagi Mansion. After his name was officially changed to Izuku Shimura and his quirk being registered as Psionic Energy, Izuku decided to change his appearance a bit. He got a fade cut and grew his hair into a wolf knot (Picture Sokka from ATLA) aside from this, he got glasses, to help with his myopia.

His myopia came to light when Toshinori decided to take the boy to Recovery Girl (referred to as RG from here on to save time) for a complete check-up and to get his quirk registry done.

Flashback

"Izuku, let's take a break today." Toshinori told the boy. "I know I told you that you'll be allowed only one day off per week, but RG just called and she said that we could come to her for your check-up and to complete your pending quirk registry." He told the boy.

Izuku, who was currently using the Chest Fly Machine, stopped what he was doing. "When did she call us?" He asked him.

"In about an hour. Taking the traffic into account, we might take about 25 minutes to get there. So we can leave in 20 minutes." Toshinori told the boy.

"Sure, I'll just take a shower and then we can leave. Did she ask for anything specific?" Izuku asked the blond man.

"She needed a few medical reports, so I've asked one of my friends to pick it up from Inko's house and take it directly to RG." Toshinori explained.

"Alright then, I'll meet you in the living room in a bit." Izuku told the older man as he got up to leave for a shower.

15 minutes later

Izuku walked into the living room wearing a grey full-sleeved synthetic shirt, paired with a slightly oversized green tank top, black sweatpants and his red shoes. He finds Toshinori waiting for him while reading a newspaper.

"Ready to go kid?" Toshinori asked the kid.

"Yup." Izuku answered as the two left the Yagi Mansion and head to UA for their appointment with RG.

The 2 entered the Youthful Heroine's office at UA and were greeted by the said heroine who was patching up one of the kids who had broken their arm in training.

"Well, that's done. Now take care, kiddo. And I'll see you tomorrow after school so I can fully heal that arm of yours. Stay away from any strenuous activities with that arm till then." RG told the boy as she signed a late note for him.

"Yes Ma'am." The boy responded before leaving the office.

"Alright, Yagi what did you break now." RG told, not looking up from her paper work.