Chapter 35 - A Discussion and the Shadow's True Leader

"Nice of you to join us Kiddo!" Toshi greets him. Izuku nods in response.

"Right, now that everybody is here, I'll get to the thing I wanted to discuss." Rogers says, putting down the cup of tea Nezu had offered him.

"I'll get right to the point Kid." Rogers says.

"Before you do that, I want to know something." Izuku interrupts.

"Go ahead."

"That power that I used at USJ, what was it?" Izuku asks.

"Do you not remember?" Toshi asks.

"Just parts of it. The last thing I remember was seeing Ochako get hurt." Izuku explains. "And after that it was me waking up in the tank. Though whatever it was, it didn't feel nice."

"Didn't feel nice?" Nezu asks, intrigued by Izuku's explanation.

"Uhm... how should I put it? The energy that Ochako is giving off, the psionic one, feels like it belongs to two different people. One is her usual bright energy and the other one, feels darker, I guess. Almost sinister."

"I see." Rogers answers, "Well for this you need to understand how the Phoenix Force works."

"Don't I already?" Izuku asks.

"Not exactly, you know how to use it's a fraction of its powers, but you can't control all of it." Rogers explains with Izuku, Toshi and Nezu looked at him in confusion.

"Let me explain, the Phoenix Force is, as you might know, sentient, among a lot of other things." Rogers starts explaining. "And it has 3 parts so to speak. 3 vastly different personas that together make up the omnipresent, omniscient, all-powerful Phoenix." Rogers places a few photos on Nezu's desk.

" Rogers places a few photos on Nezu's desk

"The first part is the one you see normally with Izuku, that was the first perfect host's normal form

"The first part is the one you see normally with Izuku, that was the first perfect host's normal form." Rogers says, pointing to the first two pictures. "That is the neutral version of the Phoenix, you can call it the Grey Phoenix."