Chapter 17 - Nighteye

Izuku came down, exactly 15 minutes later wearing a tank top and regular fit jeans. "So where are we going?"

"We're going to meet an old friend." Yagi told him as he picked up the keys and got ready to leave. "Pick up that brown bag from the dining table it has some burgers for you to eat along the way."

"Double patty?" Izuku asked.

"Yup. And no pickles too." Yagi answered as they left the house.

"YES!!!" Izuku shouted as he sat in the car, trying to express his happiness by increasing his volume. "So, who is this old friend? Are they a hero?"

"Yes, he is a hero. And you might love the person, he's just like you." Yagi answered. "Now, you focus on eating and not destroying my car with the mayonnaise and I'll focus on driving."

About 20 minutes and 100 curses later, the two reached a small building that had the board 'Nighteye Agency' outside.

"We're visiting Sir Nighteye, like THE Sir Nighteye, the one that was your sidekick?" Izuku asked with as much excitement as he could express.

"Yes, this is Mirai's agency." Yagi answered.

"But I thought you two weren't on talking terms." Izuku asked him.

"We've made an exception for now." Yagi said, sighing. "C'mon lets go. he doesn't like people who are late."

The two walked into the agency and waited at the reception when a blonde, buff boy in UA's uniform walked out of Nighteye's office.

"Nice to see you, Mr. Yagi." He greeted the scrawny man. "And you must be Izuku, Sir's been waiting for you two."

"Nice to see you too, Mirio. I can see that you've gained quite a lot of muscle compared to last year and you've lost your ponytail as well." Yagi complimented.

"Well, after I gained some muscle, the ponytail didn't look good, or so I was told." The boy, Mirio answered, nervously chuckling.

"Whatever feels good to you." Yagi said, as he followed Mirio into the office.

"It's been a long time, Yagi." A green-blond man greeted.

"Yeah." Yagi told him. "But let's not waste time, you must have a lot of work to do. this is Izuku. The one I told you about."

"Oh." Nighteye said, as he walked to Izuku and examined the boy.

"You want to use your quirk, please go ahead. I can see that you have your apprehensions against me." Izuku told him.

"I won't do that just yet; I want to see what you can do first. Mirio, take him to the training room, I want you two to spar. And yes, you can go all out, without caring for the damage done." He told the blonde boy.

"You sure you want me to go all out on him?" Mirio asked, confused.

"Yes." Nighteye answered, staring at Mirio.

"So, are you coming or not?" Izuku asked the blonde boy as he walked to the door.

"Uhhhh... Okay, but if you get hurt, then don't blame me. Though, what is your quirk?" Mirio asked, as he led the boy to the training room, being followed by Nighteye and Yagi.

"It's called Psionic Energy, it allows me to well, why don't you see for yourself." Izuku said trying to be mysterious.

"Okay, but does you being this uh... dead have to do anything with your quirk?" He asked as they entered the training room.