■Home?■

3/19/21, 08:23 (tw//child abuse)

Y/N was in their small, cramped closet-like room on their small bed playing on their hand-me-down phone, not like they minded. They were in foster care, which they've been in since they were 8, so they didn't exactly expect high tech and new things, although when they find the occasional mold it does gross them out.

The house they were staying in was an old 4 bedroom house built in the 1800's owned by a woman named Cristene Karen, who was just as bad as her name suggested. She never took care of the house and left all the chores to Y/N, who had no choice but to do them in fear of being hurt - a threat that was said often in the house.

"Y/N!" Ms. K called, her voice muffled by the door but scratchy from years of smoking - it was a surprise the foster system had ever even accepted her home.
"Coming!" Y/N called back, stuffing their phone in their pocket they walked out and down the stairs to the kitchen.
"Make breakfast while I bathe the twins," Ms. K said, her tone leaving no room for argument but Y/N just had to push buttons,
"Of course, anything to help," Y/N said, they knew they had to be obedient to survive in this house. It was something they wished they learned younger, to reverse the scars littered along their body.  
Ms. K's eyes were as tough as steel as she pierced into Y/N's own, "Good." The tone she used was one you would use for a threat, her eyes darting to her room's door and Y/N got the hint. Before Ms. K could grab with belt and stove tops, Y/N grabbed the mixes to make the basic breakfast.

Above the microwave was the cabinet that held the pancake mix, so they grabbed that box, a mixing bowl and a whisk. And as a side they grabbed some eggs and milk from the fridge. They put 2 pans on the stove after they had the everything prepared and began making the actual food.

After a few minutes it was finished since pancakes and scrambled eggs don't take that long. They began making 6 plates, one for each person in the house. They made sure to give the kids the most food and not much for themself or Ms. K.
"Breakfast!" They shouted throughout the house, their voice echoing along the empty walls. The sound of tumbling footsteps was heard as everyone raced to the kitchen table. A chorus of "thank you's" filled the silent air as Y/N just nodded and smiled, their eyes droopy and tired.
"Y/N, I'd like to have a word with you - privately - after breakfast," Ms. K said, her scratchy voice prominent as ever as she tapped her finger nails on the old wooden table as she ate. Y/N winced slightly but knew the younger kids could never know about anything.
"O-of course, I-" Y/N gulped, but after seeing the confused faces of the rest of the kids they quickly coughed and repeated themself, this time more clear.

5 minutes pass and both Ms. K and Y/N are finished with their food. Which lead to Ms. K bringing Y/N to her room and forcing them to kneel on stove tops.
"You disrespected me in my own house. This is why no one wants you. You'll rot in foster care," Ms. K said, grabbing a fistful of Y/N's hair to add on the pain.
"I know, I know," They whimpered, "I'm sorry, please stop."
"Stop?! No! You'll stay here for 10 fucking minutes and you'll think about what you did, and after you're washing the dishes, I'm taking your phone and you're staying in your room. Got that?" She replied, harshly letting go of their hair and shoving them. She then took a breath and walked out her room door.

And so that what Y/N did, they sat there on the stove tops for ten minutes, praying to whatever god there was out there to get them out of here. But in their heart they knew their prayers would never be answered, they knew they'd never get the help they need, they knew they'd be stuck here to rot like Ms. K said. Ten minutes pass and Ms. k comes back, her own phone in hand and took pictures of Y/N to fuel the power trip she had against children.

"Get up," Ms. K instructed. Y/N merely nodded as no words could escape their mouth, no remarks or acknowledgment. They pulled their phone form their pocket and numbly handed it to Ms. K, as if on some sort of auto mode. They walked out the room and to the kitchen, grabbing the plates scattered on the table and put them in the sink. They began washing them, the words Ms. K had said repeating in their head.

"Children! Get down here!" Ms K shouted, another stampede of footsteps echoed throughout the house as everyone was now back in the main area, "Tomorrow we will be having a family visit, they're looking to adopt one of you guys."

Excitement bubbles in all the kids chests besides Y/N's, they knew they'd never get adopted. They were thirteen, no one wanted a teenager. They finished the dishes and walked to their room, flopping onto their creaky bed with broken springs.

The door opened a few minutes later as Ms. K walked in, "you know I love you, right? And I never mean to cause you harm, right? It's just I'm really struggling mentally and when you disrespect me like that I can't help myself."
"I know," Y/N croaked.
"I just want the best for you but let's just face it, no one wants a teenager. I just- I just don't want you to be disappointed when you don't get picked. You're not special," Ms K said, her voice sweet with bitter undertones. Yet for some reason these moments made Y/N feel comforted.
"I know, I won't be disappointed," Y/N replied.
    "Good, I'll see you tomorrow. Remember, this is a punishment and your fault," Ms K said.
——————-
Not proofread
I'm rewriting the entire story because i hate it so that's why there are no other chapters rn
Anyways, it's almost one. I'm going try and get the next chapter finished before I go to bed