▲Phil Watson▲

3/20/21, 14:00

    Some days Y/N wasn't needed to make breakfast. Special days like adoption days Ms. K made breakfast, they were also days where Y/N could relax.
    Y/N left their room for the first time that day, completely neutral about the family coming in. They didn't care if they decided to just not even speak to them. But they knew Ms. K would be fake nice and try putting them on the spot just to embarrass them. Unlike the 4 other kids, Y/N was never known to be social or outgoing. They preferred to keep to themself and themself alone, unless one of their foster siblings needed something - anything.

    Y/N would do anything in their power to make their foster sibling happy, from stealing sweets to reading them stories - anything they could do they would.
    The 4 foster kids ranged in ages, the oldest being Jake who was 11 and then Vee who was 10 and finally the twins Veronica and Daniel who were 7. Y/N took it upon themself to make their lives the best they could, no matter the cost of their own livelihood. Life felt like a job sometimes, but they were used to it.

    "The family will be here in 20 minutes, dearies. Be sure you look nice for them," Ms. k said, "Y/N, why don't you help the twins put together something nice?" The question was rhetorical as Y/N knew they had no choice.
    "Of course," Y/N nodded, grabbing Daniel and Veronica's hand and bringing them to their room.

    "Now, Ronnie, do we want to wear this beautiful pink dress or the gorgeous white skirt and light blue shirt?" Y/N asked, trying to make the options sound good despite both being total eye sores.
     "I wanna wear my sweatpants and a hoodie so I look like you!" Veronica giggled, engulfing y/n in a hug.
    "That's nice, kiddo. But I think you'd look amazing in something else," Y/N smiled, they were afraid they'd get in trouble - or worse Veronica would get in trouble.
    "Ok..." she replied sadly. Y/N patted her shoulder and handed her a the pink dress and helped her put it on. Veronica went out of the room and Daniel came in. Y/N helped him pick out a pair of jeans and a blue striped shirt. After the twins were settled and ready Y/N changed into their best outfit, which was a black hoodie with Kenny from South Park on it along with grey sweatpants.

    The family showed up and all the children were called down, Y/N entered last as they were to tired to care. Ms. K began prepping the children before the family was let in, "Remember all your contracts are almost over and if you don't get adopted soon then you'll be sent to an orphanage."
The children, besides Y/N, all looked in fear.
"Alright," Ms. k said, she opened the front door and the couple entered.

The couple was a man and a woman. They were around the same height and looked very happy with each other. The man was a blonde with light brown eyes and wore a plain black shirt and jeans. The woman had dark hair and dark brown eyes she wore a red long sleeve shirt with black leggings.

"Hello everyone! Me and my wife are looking to adopt one of you and we would love to interview each of you," The man said, "my name is Phil and that's Kristin." Kristin gave a smile and a nod.
"Well my Y/N here can give you two an amazing welcome song," Ms. K said, pushing Y/N forward lightly like some school bully. Y/N blushed from embarrassment and began shaking their head, they started succumbing to a state of panic, their chest tightening and their heart racing.

"It's ok, you don't have to, sweetie. Why don't we start doing one on two interviews now?" Kristin said, her voice as sweet as sugar and had no tones of bitterness. It felt like real comfort. The tightness in their chest subsided and their heart rate went back to normal. The kids were sent to their rooms as the interviews would take place in them.

    20 minutes pass and Y/N feels their stomach turn in place as someone knocked on their door, they whispered a small "come in" and entered the Watson couple.
    Kristen was smiling and so was Phil, they closed the door behind them and each, somehow, sat on the small bed.
"Hello!" Kristen said cheerfully, " what's your name?"
    "...Y/N," they hesitated, their anxiety and fears taking over their body.
    "Are you feeling alright?" Phil asked.
"Y-yeah, I'm ok," Y/N replied while scratching their arm anxiously, "thank you for asking."
"Of course, kiddo. Should we continue the questions?" Phil asked. Why are they being nice? Y/N thought to themself, not that it was unusual for people coming in to be nice it was just unusual they'd be this nice.
"Yeah, you can continue," Y/N sighed, they quickened their pace at scratching their arm.
"How old are you?" Kristen asked.
"..13."
"What's your favorite color?"
"F/C."
"Favorite show?"
"F/S"
"Would you be comfortable living with two teenage boys and a 12 year old boy?"
"Yeah, doesn't really matter to be."
The questions continued, Y/N giving simple one or two worded answers. And soon Y/N's anxiousness subsided and they were actually engaging in conversations and giving actual sentences for answers.

"Alright, thank you, kiddo," Phil said with a smile.
"You seem like a good kid," Kristen began, "what if we were to bring you to our house for 3 days to see if you fit in?"
"Are- are you kidding?! Actually?" Y/N excitedly said as they were very happy about the couple's decision.
"We're not kidding, we'll go sign the papers with Ms K while you pack your bags."

The couple left Y/N's room and Y/N began rapidly packing as they signed papers and such for the 3 day stay. Y/N finished packing and met up with the couple as the three walked out to their car.

And Y/N thought, maybe someone does want me. They smiled at the thought.
———————
Not proofread

I'm so sorry for not updating, I've just been really out of it recently and stuff. Again, I'm sorry please forgive me <3