Detention

3/29/21, 8:30 AM, Friday

    Yesterday's, more so last night's, events made Y/N yearn for a happily ever after even more. The best part was they were on their way. They had a loving family that supported their every decision. They started making friends and composed a good group of them in a week, they had Boomer to thank for that.  Right now they were thirty minutes into their first hour and amusedly watched Boomer make frogs out of paper and fling them afterward.
     "Mr. NA, care to explain what you are doing?" Mrs. Shadow-Beans asked, picking a frog up off the floor. Boomer's face turned pale but that didn't last long as the class stifled their laughter and Boomer's face now held a bright red. Y/N bit their lip as he stumbled over his words, they were debating on taking the blame or letting Boomer own up to his actions. 
    Y/N hesitated a minute, "It was me. I'm really sorry, Mrs. Shadow-Beans."
     "Is that so? Boomer, is this true?" She asked. Boomer looked at Y/n and then back at her before nodding, "Right, Mx. Watson please come up here." 

     Y/N quietly got out of their seat, shuffling their way to the front desk with anxiety oozing with every step they took. The class erupted in "oo's" as soon as they made their way over. Mrs. Shadow-Beans was writing something down, handing it to them as soon as they got over. She instructed, "Go there and take your stuff."
      "Yes, Ma'am. Again, I'm really sorry," Y/N said with a swift nod. They turned away from the teacher and looked at Boomer with a smile. They silently grabbed their things and left the class. A huff escaped someone near them and they looked up, seeing Dream.

    "...Are you ok?" Y/N nervously asked. Something about the sophomore was oddly threatening to Y/N.
    Dream's eye immediately locked with Y/N's, he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "I'm fine, Watson. I just got detention."
     'wow, ok. mood switch from 2 days ago, pop off king,' Y/N cleared their throat, "What for?"
      Dream eyed them for a minute before beginning to walk. Since Y/N also got detention, they followed him. "My homeroom teacher thought I did something when I didn't," Dream finally answered vaguely.
    "Oh. Is that why you're angry?" Y/N asked, playing with the corner of their detention slip. It was obvious to anyone that Dream's aura wasn't exactly the happiest as it usually was. His body language said a lot too, along with the way he talked to Y/N. He was a little more slumped and walked slower, though he still managed to walk with utmost confidence. 
    Dream sighed, "I guess. Is it that obvious?"
    Y/N paused for a moment before shrugging, "Yeah, kind of is. And since when did you call me Watson? You were all buddy-buddy with me two days ago."
    Dream looked down slightly and gave them a small smile, "Sorry about that."
    "You better be. What did your teacher think you did?" Y/n asked.
    "She thought I was the one who pranked her, but it was actually the kid to my left," He huffed.

    "I'm sorry. Did you try explaining it to her?" Y/N asked, a comforting hand placed on Dream's shoulder as they spoke. 
    His eyes glance at his shoulder before darting back down to the floor, "Yeah. But she wouldn't listen. Your brothers didn't help either."
    Y/N was taken aback, "What did they do?"
    "Techno said I did it and that I had asked him to cover for me, and Wilbur started laughing."
    Y/N grip on his shoulder tightened, "I'm really sorry about them. I can talk to them after school if you'd like?"
    "Nah, I don't want a middle schooler fighting my battles for me."
    "Oh shut up, big guy."
    "It's strange how you're so nice but they're not."
    "They are nice. You guys just don't get along and have a rivalry."
    "The two are also so egotistical."
    "Dream, you are too."
    "I am not egotistical."
    "Now you're just lying to yourself. You're an arrogant egoist, but not in an overbearing way."
     Dream scoffed, "Ok, Y/N."

    "What'd you do to get detention?" Dream asked after a few moments of silence.
    "I took the blame for Boomer. He was making frogs out of paper and then flinging them. Our teacher asked him about it but I took the blame and got detention instead."
    "That's sweet," Dream replied. Y/N finally removed their hand from his shoulder as the two continued walking to the Principal's office. Dream would be lying if he said he didn't miss their hand on his shoulder. 

    The two entered the office and sat down on one of the two chairs. The principal, Mr. Herobrine, looked at his notes before looking at the two seated in front of him. His pure white eyes gazed deep into their souls as if judging them for every mistake and choice they made. "I understand you two have been sent here by your homeroom teachers, yes?"
    "Yes, sir," Dream answered while Y/N nodded.
    "It's the first class of the day and you already got in trouble?" 
    "Yeah," Y/n hesitantly said.
    "Well, Dream, since this is your 5th detention this year, you cannot play in the football game."
    "What!?" The two teens exclaimed.
    "You heard me. You kids have to have consequences for your actions or else you'll never learn."
    "But sir, this is the biggest game of the season," Dream said.
    "You have to let him play!" Y/N added.
    "My decision is final. Go to your next hour and report here at lunch."

    Dream was the first to leave, his fists clenched as he tried concealing his anger. Y/N stayed back, prepared to fight in hundreds of wars just to make him happy. "What are you still doing here, Watson? Did you not hear me?"
    "I did," Y/N said as they swallowed their nerves, "What can I do to get Dream to play in the football game?"
    "Kid, there's nothing you can do. He's serving his time for his actions, it has nothing to do with you."
    "He's sad and my friend and I'm willing to do anything to make him happy."
    "Well, come to think of it, Mr. 303 needs help cleaning and sorting the student files. It's a tedious task that needs to be done preciously, it could take all day."
     "I'll do it."
     "I'll have to contact your teachers and let them know you'll be needing extra homework."
    "That's fine. This will get Dream back in the game, right?"
    "Yes, kid."
    "Ok. Where do I go?"
    "The door to my right."

    Y/N nodded and walked to the door, heaving a deep breath before pulling it open. Inside was a man hunched over a filing cabinet wearing a plain white suit and weirdly a white cape. "Go away, Herobrine. I can do this alone."
    "I'm sorry, I'm not him. But I've been told to help you to get my friend to play in the football game. So I'm not leaving." Mr. 303 looked up from the files and stared Y/N down. His red eyes pierced Y/N's soul more than Herobrine's did. 'What's up with the staff of this place. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Shadow-Beans has scales,' Y/N thought. They did not back down from 303's stare, instead, they glared back with just as much fire. 303 was the first to look away, he scoffed and gestured for them to join him by the files.

❁❁❁❁❁❁●●●●❁❁❁❁❁❁

    "Has anyone seen Y/N?" Boomer asked. He still felt bad for letting them take the blame in homeroom.
    "No," Sniff replied, "School's out, where are they?"
    "Dream!" A voice shouted, running to the taller dressed in green.
    "Y/N?!" He questioned, "Where have you been?"
    "Getting your spot on the football game back!" They replied out of breath, holding a piece of paper to Dream. 
    "Dream Wastaken is now permitted to play on Sunday's football game, thanks to Y/N Watson," Dream read, "Thank you so much, Y/N." He scooped them up in his arms. 
    They blushed, "It's nothing. I'm just glad you're happy again."
    "So happy," He replied.

------------------------------------------------

not proofread

grrr grrr grrr ruff ruff