Karl's room

3:00 pm, 4/3/21, Wednesday

"Hey, Kristen?" Y/N asked, knocking on the parents door.
"Yeah?" She replied.
"Can I go to the Jacobs' house?"
"The family that just moved in?"
"Yeah, I'm friends with one of the kids."
"Sure, just be safe and let me know if anything happens."
"Of course..." Y/N paused, "Thank you, I love you."
Kristen seemed stunned for a minute, "I love you too, sweetie."

Y/N smiled and turned to Karl and Clay, grabbing their hands and walking out the front door. Y/N was in the middle of the two and noticed the awkward glances the two kept giving each other. The short walk seemed longer with the awkward tension that could easily be cut with a knife.

"Are you two ok?" Y/N warily asked, rubbing their thumb on both their hands. That seemed to snap them out of.. whatever that was.
Dream glanced down and smiled sightly, gripping their hands tighter, "Hm? Oh yeah, we're fine. Don't worry, N/N(Nickname)."
    Karl nodded, his own smile plastered on his face, "Yeah. What he said."
    Y/N squeezed both their hands as they entered Karl's front door, greeting his siblings and parents before heading up to his room.

The room was a decent size. In the corner there was a full bed with a metal frame, no sheets were on the mattress; only a colorful quilt lay resting on it. To the left of the door was a small closet, the door was kept slightly ajar as all of Karl's trinkets couldn't possibly fit in there comfortably. strewn around the room were full, empty and half filled boxes of many sizes with labels saying "Karl's Room". The walls were a simple white, something unexpected from someone like Karl.

    "This is a nice sized room," Dream said, removing his hand from Y/n's. Karl did the same, nerves only slightly bubbled in their stomach. With the way the two were acting on the way there, Y/N assumed they hated them. They felt their throat begin to close as they watched the two boys fall into a semi-awkward conversation. Y/n clasped their hands together and silently hoped their worst fear wasn't true. They wouldn't be able to handle abandonment from those two.
    "What should i do?" Y/N asked, biting their lip nervously.
"Oh, well would you mind helping me unpack my clothes? Clay, can you unpack and setup my pc and desk?" Karl asked.
"Oh yeah, of course," Y/N replied, smiling at him as if to get some sort of sign he didn't despise them like their mind tried suggesting.
He kindly smiled back and took their hand, taking long strides to the closet on their left. Y/N's heart swelled. Their heart started beating fast and blood rushed to their face.
'What the hell?' They thought to themself.

Karl sat down and Y/N followed his lead. Karl opened the closet door fully and started pulling out boxes. He pulled out 6 decently sized ones and 2 small, multi colored gift boxes, both having a tag addressing someone. Karl blushed looking at the boxes and almost threw them back in the closet.
"What are those?" Y/N asked, leaning in closer to Karl with interest.
Karl stammered, "Uh- I- They're nothing." He brought his hands up and covered his face.

"Wheres the box to your desk?" Dream asked, annoyance obvious in his tone.
"Oh uh-" Karl coughed, he pointed to the biggest box, "My chair is in there too."
"Great," Dream replied. He dragged the box to the corner Karl wanted the desk in.
"Lets get started, yeah?" Y/N suggested to Karl, turning both of their attention to the plentiful amount of closet boxes in front of them.

The three started unpacking and setting things up in silence, until Karl started randomly singing . Then Karl and Clay argued about what songs to put on while Y/N quietly hummed and folded Karl's clothes. By the time the two were done, Karl's closet was able to fully close and had his clothes in a neat array.
"You two done?" Y/N asked, taking Karl's phone off him and putting on Bruno Mars.
"Woah," Karl said, looking at his closet, "How long were we arguing?"
Y/n shrugged, "Awhile. Which box should i do next?"
"Can you get that one," Karl said, pointing to a medium sized box by his bed, "While I set up my tv?"
"Of course," Y/N nodded.
"Thanks, just don't uh- judge me for whats in there."

Y/N rolled their eyes and opened the box, finding it full of stuffed animals, blankets, sheets, and a few pillows. Y/N smiled at the cute smiling faces of the stuffed animals. They pulled out a little ladybug with pink cheeks and a small smile.
"This one is cute," Y/N said.
"Her name is lady," Karl replied.
"You're so creative with names," Dream remarked.
"I was six!" Karl replied.
"that is no excuse," Dream said.

Y/N ignored them as they argued once more, once again doing their own thing as the other two angrily did theirs. They pulled the multi colored quilt off Karls bed and put on the dark purple sheets. Then they put the pillows in pillow cases and threw those on the bed. Finally, they put the blanket on and folded the quilt to lay on the end of the bed. They added the stuffed animals to the foot of the bed as a final decoration. They didn't bother asking Karl what box to do next and instead grabbed one.

It was rather large and heavy, once they opened it they realized it was a square bookshelf. And with no experience with putting things together; they ended up having it in one piece(surprisingly, after an hour). The boys were still toying with the electronics so y/n opened another box, then another, and another. Until every single box was unpacked and Karl room was fully decorated.

"Finally," Dream and Karl said at the same time, sighs following their words. They two finally stepped away from the tv and pc respectively as they looked around the room.
    "Woah," Karl said, looking around. Amazement waltzed in his eyes.
    "You did this?" Dream asked Y/N, "Like all alone."
    "Well i couldn't have done it without your arguing and Bruno Mars," Y/N replied. The two boys nervously laughed, "What happened today? Why do you two hate each other?"

    The three were now sitting on Karls bed, shoulder to shoulder with Y/N in the middle as Y/N asked that question. The boys tensed, looking at each other before sighing. Dream and Karl took Y/n's hands into their own.
    "We don't hate each other," Dream said.
    "Really?" Y/N remarked, "Ever since we went to my house you two have been distant and argumentative. Was it because of what Techno said?"
    "No," Karl said(yk like a liar).
    "Then what?" Y/n asked once more.
    "Nothing, Y/N," Dream said in a very "drop it" kind if tone. It was almost threatening, but Y/N didn't care.
    "did I do something?" They ask quietly.
    "what? no," Karl quickly replied.
    "you didnt do anything, Y/n," Dream clarified, rubbing his thumb across their hand.
    "So you guys dont hate me?" Y/N laughed.
    "no, of course not," Karl replied, leaning his head onto their shoulder.

    Dream hummed in agreement and the three teens, hands all still tightly intertwined fell asleep. blushes and smiles on all their faces.
———-
not proofread
it it 5 am