chapter 11: embarrassed

^^^ visual for later!

* 8 years ago.

Juliette!" A loud scream ripples through the house making its way up into my bedroom. "Get your fucking ass down here right now young lady!"

Maria, our maid runs up the stairs and she swings into my bedroom walking over to my bed shaking my shoulder gently. "Good morning miss Juliette, your mother wants you dressed nicely and down stairs right now.

I roll out of bed and walk over to my large closet. I grab a blue button up sweater, a red plaid skirt, and a pair of white leggings. It was a little chilly outside and I would much rather be wearing actual pants but I know my mother would like this outfit so I figured it was a safe bet so I wouldn't have to come back up to change.

I go to brush my hair out but little bits coming out with every brush so I stop. Instead I take the palms of my hands to try and smooth it down.

I make my way down stairs to meet my mother who is sitting on the island on her phone. "Good morning, mom." I say trying to sound happy so she doesn't get upset with me. "Morning." She greets me shorty before handing me an apple. "Eat up, we need to go down to the club."

*****

Our chauffeur pulls into Club Cumberland and my mother and I leave the car to enter the building. I struggle to keep up with her in my heels and given the fact that I cannot keep my eyes open from the lack of sleep I received last night was not helping my case.

Recently I have been having nightmares. Nothing too specific but it consisted of me running from a masked figure but falling into a huge black hole. This has been an occurring dream so I should know what to do and not run into the hole but without fail, I fall into it and I wake up in a sheet of sweat.

My mother whips her head around and walks to where I was and grabs my wrist harshly. She whispers into my ear so no one else can hear. "Will you for once in your goddamned life not embarrass me, you are so out of shape, keep up with me, you are gonna go on a diet starting today."

With that she yanks me so I'm up to speed with her and she lets go when someone enters the hallway where we are walking through. "Mrs. Easterling, great to see you" the man says to my mother with a large smile on his face, "as to you, Mr. Styles" my mother says to him while flashing a beautiful pageant worthy smile to him. The man nods and sends a short smile to me before walking away and my mother starts walking in the opposite direction and I follow quickly behind.

We get to the outside patio area and my mother and I sit down waiting to be served.

She orders a margarita and I get a water with lemon.

As we sit on the patio, people come up to talk to my mother just to catch up with her and her riveting life. I don't pay any mind to them. I am too busy looking below us, there is an assortment of tennis courts with different matches occurring.