chapter 37: we can talk now

"I can't believe you are already leaving your poor mumma and grandmumma

"I can't believe you are already leaving your poor mumma and grandmumma." Anna grabbed at Madeline, holding her to her one last time before we check our luggage in. Ruby was holding on to my leg for dear life as I stroked her hair.

"We'll visit more and more as we figure the little one out. I'll miss you. " Harry says now as his mother smothers him in hugs and kisses. I take this opportunity to take a moment with Ruby.

I crouch down so we are at eye level. Her eyes water up and her bottom lip pop out. "Don't leave." She whimpers out and I hug her tightly. "Baby, I'll come back, I promise." My heart is breaking at this. She cries into my chest as I hold her. "Sweetheart it is okay, please don't cry, I don't want you sad."

"I just- I just want you to stay. I want you and Uncle Harry and Maddie to stay. You go too far away."

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

"Listen baby, you can ask your mommy to call us all the time, she has my number too so if you just want to just ask her and you can call me whenever and we can talk okay?" She nods her head yes and then wraps her arms around my neck. "I love you Aunt Julie." Holy fuck my entire heart is just wow.

I hand her off to Harry so she can give him love too and I say a goodbye to Anne. "Oh I don't want you to leave." Anne says as she hugs me. I hate to say it but I can't wait to leave. I want to go home and see Kitty. I want to go home and yell at Harry. I want to go home and see Cora. But most importantly yell at Harry.

"Thank you so much for letting us stay with you."

"You always have a place in my home. I want to say really quick," her voice hushed down to a small whisper making me lean in so I can hear "thank you. You changed him. Obviously we've talked since he met you but seeing him in person? He is brand new. Thank you. I was nervous he wouldn't snap out of it but he did. Thank you." She hugs me once more and then Harry says we need to get going. We say our last goodbyes and Anne takes Ruby and they leave.

We go through the TSA checkline and we are waiting at the plane terminal. I have Madeline in my arms holding her so she won't cry and Harry is sitting next to me staying quiet. We haven't spoken much since the second night we were here. We'd still cuddle, talk when people were around, fuck we even showered together a couple nights but we just don't speak unless we need to.

I don't know what to say to him now. He hasn't brought up the offer since that night. Is he going to ask me my opinion in the matter? Does he care about my opinion? I don't know. But I know that I won't bring it up. This is something he needs to talk to me about.

We board our ten hour long flight. We have the same type of seats as we did before, those double seat suite. Both seats faced the same way and are together instead of the seats facing each other. Harry slide our door shut and helped me situate our carry ons. I wrapped Madeline up in her little blanket and had her in my lap.