chapter 26: I need friends, I'm with you far too much

*time jump so it is just about to be February, Jules is now 7 months pregnant*

"You ready?"

"Nooo." Harry whines while combing out my hair with his fingers. "I don't want to go Juliette, I won't know anyone."

"Jesus, you're making it sound like its your first day at a new school. We are going to Betty's, you know Betty."

Betts is having a small little party. Maybe more than a little. There will be a good amount of people. There isn't even a reason for the party but I can't exactly say no when she ask.

"It's nerve wracking, I feel like I'm being judged." We had lunch with Betty and two of her friends just the other day and the whole time they were being extremely rude to Harry. Just typical stuck up old, rich, white women who think they know everything.

You would think that they were royals the way they hold themselves. Personally I think people who work for their money are more deserving that those born into it.

"Get dressed, we gotta go."

He finally gets up and puts on some black jeans, a red silk button up shirt, and some black leather loafers. His hair is pretty wild right now. He hasn't gotten a hair cut so it's looking pretty wild. I have on a loose fitting light green dress. It has long flowy sleeves that feather out at the end. All I seem to wear is loose fitting stuff now.

"Always one-upping me with your looks." He stands infront of the mirror brushing his long hair out with his fingers.

"Who's driving?" I ask him grabbing my purse and trying to find at least one set of keys. "I'll drive but can we take your car?" He ask pulling out my keys from a random shelf in the living room.

"Yeah, let's go, we are already running late. We don't need Betty having a fit."

*****

"You two have one job, come to my house , that's all, how do you manage to be an hour late!" Betty is indeed now scolding us on the outdoor front patio.

"So sorry Betts, that was all my fault, I was being difficult." Harry says but Betty just grabs his hand and smiles. "Oh it's okay sweetheart, just don't do it again. My sweet, sweet boy."

Good fucking grief. She absolutely loves Harry. He can do no wrong in her eyes.

"Now get in the house. Jules, I hope I don't need to remind you but no alcohol, Harry baby, drink all you want." She drags us into the house and straight into the kitchen. There are people all over the house. Standing in corners drinking their wine, sitting on the couches conversing amung themselves, observing the view from the balcony.

While walking through the living room, I see the small shrine above her mantel. There are tons of photos of her and my grandmother from all ages. Those two were inseparable. Honestly, if you didn't know them and only had a glimpse of their relationship from the outside, you would think they were lesbians.