chapter 20: you're encouraging violence

I love that it is so easy to tell that Jules is from Maine

I love that it is so easy to tell that Jules is from Maine. One thing that I noticed every time I visited Maine is that it didn't matter your gender and age, everyone wore those Vineyard Vine shirts.

Juliette walks out of the bathroom door with wet hair and in one of her oversize Vineyard Vines t-shirts. She gets back in bed and wiggles around so she can nuzzle up next to me with her bump pushed against me. I swear she has doubled in size in the past month. She has just hit 22 weeks. It was crazy to see the baby grow in front of my eyes.

"My tummy hurts." She whispers very quietly as I massage her scalp. "What do you mean hurts?" Imagine if she is going into labor and was gonna give birth right now. No actually don't. That would be so bad. "Its like sore and I can feel her moving, it's not really that enjoyable."

"Well I would assume it wouldn't be, what do you want me to do?" A sharp gasp leaves her mouth making me jump. "Baby are you okay?" I asked worried by what just happened.

"It just kicked me! She just kicked me!" She didn't look like she was in pain, she just looked offended that she was just kicked.

"Do you think she'll do it again?" I put my hands on her stomach in hopes that our girl will do it again. "C'mon baby. kick mummy one more time for your daddy." I coo out but Juliette wacks the back of my head. "Thanks for begging her to hurt me, asshole." A small grin forms on her face as I kiss her nose. As soon as I do I can feel her little kicks. "Oh my god Jules Jules did you feel that? I felt it!" I am so excited and proud of the little one.

"You're encouraging violence on our nations youth, Styles." She furrows her eyebrows but I ignore it as I continue to hold her belly feeling small movements but nothing like we just felt earlier.

I love these moments with her. They are so nice and peaceful. Stupid banter as we keep each other close. I could stay like this for the rest of my life honestly. Jules is tired all the time which isn't much different than her normal life before pregnancy. She could sleep anywhere at anytime before-hand.

But now I can see her slowly drift off to sleep. Her breathing slows down and it is at a slow, steady pace.

"Hey baby" I whisper out knowing Jules is dead asleep but our daughter might not be. "I'm sorry you don't have a name yet, mummy and I are working on it but for now its just gonna be 'baby.'"

I lightly rub her tummy trying to get close to her.

"Uh so I don't know what to say so I guess I'm just gonna talk to you about your mum and I. So we are just dating right now, we aren't married yet. We found out about you before we started dating but it wasn't like I only asked her out because of you. I loved her even before. It was really early on but I knew I loved her. From the moment I met your mum I thought she was incredible."

Small movements fill my hands as my girl moves to my words. I am quite envious that Jules gets to be so close to her. Maybe not envious, I don't think that I would want all her pains right now but I want to feel her. I cannot wait until she is born so I finally can.