chapter 23: you need to leave

"Alright Ms

"Alright Ms. Easterling, are you and miss Madeline ready to begin?" The doctor comes bouncing in our room with a big bright smile.

"Yes we're ready." I lift up my t-shirt up so the doctor can begin the ultra sound. "So how are we feeling right now? Any pains? Have you felt any recently?" She ask as she puts the cool gel on my stomach. "Pretty good for the most part, she has been kicking some, there has been lots of pressure on my bladder, not a lot of sickness, so pretty good I'd say."

"Okay that all sounds good and normal. Nausea should be less frequent and the kicking is a sign she is developing nicely. My only concern right now is her heart." She brings the motor where we can see Madeline and starts pointing to her heart rate in the corner, "so right here, we can see she has a nice strong heart beat but then you see how these drops are a lot lower than these ones? That is showing some small complications, she is healthy as of right now but we should probably figure out why this is happening, this could lead to future issues."

Holy shit. I can feel my own heart race speeding up rapidly. God I wish Harry was here.

She moves down to her stool and pulls out her laptop, "are you on any medications or are you doing any sort of physical activities that may be questionable?"

"Uh no questionable activities, most I do is walking and stretching and for medication I am on this pain medication for my elbow but that is about it." The doctor begins typing on her computer looking at my files as she lets out a soft hum while shaking her head.

"How often are you taking these medications, Ms. Easterling?"

"Only when the pain becomes too unbearable, I'd say like once a week, maybe?"

"Yeah okay so I am gonna recommend you not take those anymore. I could be wrong since we don't know exactly what is wrong with her but if I had to take an educated guess, I'd say it's that medication, these are very strong and by putting these in your system, you're putting them in her system."

Fuck fuck fuck. My heart hurts now by how fast it is pumping. This is literally all of my fault. If she dies- don't even think that. But if she does this is all my fault, oh God Harry is gonna hate me. He isn't gonna want to marry me anymore.

"Alright, what do you want me to do about my elbow then? I can't take the generic over-the-counter stuff since it doesn't work so is there anything you can prescribe to me?"

"I can prescribe a lighter version of this medication but even then I don't think it'll be safe for her." She gives me a look of pity, "I'm sorry Ms. Easterling, the only thing we can do right now is the over-the-counter stuff, we want Madeline to get back on track naturally so adding in a different pain medication could only potentially worsen it."

"Thats okay, it'll be okay. I just want her to be healthy." I give her a small smile as she gets me cleaned up so I can check out and leave.

*****