chapter 17: congratulations ms. easterling and mr. styles

how far along Juliette is for reference^^^

"I love you though, that means something right?" He says quietly next to my ear

"I love you though, that means something right?" He says quietly next to my ear. I don't know if it is the pregnancy stuff doing this to me or the nerves relating to what he just said but I got the overwhelming feeling that I was going to throw up.

I quickly pull myself from his arms and stumble into the bathroom. I fall on to my knees and let go of everything in the toilet bowl. Harry is hot on my trail and comes behind me comforting me the best that he possibly can.

"Shhh its okay, my love. You're doing great." He tries to calm me, rubbing my back in circles as I start to get worked up. You should think that I would be used to this by now given I have been pregnant almost 15 weeks but I'm still not.

Once I finish I fall back on to my butt and lean my back against Harrys legs. He rubs his hands up and down my shoulders to help me even out my breathing.

"You okay darling? I'm sorry I shouldn't have just said that, especially considering what just happened I'm-" I turn around and tackle him in a tight hug, throwing my arms over his shoulders and my head propped to the side so he doesn't smell my puke breath.

"Don't apologize for that please. Did you mean it?" I ask him keeping my tight grip on him.

"Of course I mean it. I love you. Truly, with all that I have." He puts his head into the crook of my neck and presses a couple small kisses there.

"Even though you saw all that crazy today?" I let my mother get the best of me earlier. I mean she faked my fathers death just to get me to come across the country, then called me a whore for getting pregnant. I think anyone would have lost it, but I could see Harry getting turned off by that.

"You weren't crazy, my love. If my mom was psychotic I would have done the same thing." I can feel his smile on my neck and then he lets out a small laugh.

"I love you too." I keep my voice quiet since the acidic sting is still fresh in my throat.

Harrys head shoots up off of me with a look of disbelief. "Say that again" he says to me looking me dead in the eyes with a flat expression.

"Say what again? That I love you?"

"Yeah, keep saying that." A big smile grows on his face and I push his shoulder back and stand up so I can go brush my teeth. Harry jumps up and pulls my back into his body. "Heyyy where are you going." He starts to whine as keeps his hold on me like some type of rag doll. "I need to brush my teeth, let me go." I walk and Harry follows me keeping his arms wrapped around me.

I grab my toothbrush and walk back into the bathroom as Harry still follows latched onto me.

Once I finish we walk back to the bed and fall on it.

"Today was exhausting." I say as I turn my head to look at him and he kisses me gently. "You need some sleep baby." I hear a faint "I love you" as I fall asleep.

*****

Harry and I have been home for a few days and we haven't talked about what had happened in Maine since then. It's better to leave the bad in the past so we can grow and move on. Today we have a doctors appointment. It is just a simple check up for me and the baby's vitals.

I am sitting on the doctors bed. Harry is leaning his head on the back of his chair with his eyes closed. He is very tired and that was entirely my fault. Apparently when I sleep I kick? This is new. We never had this issue but for the past few nights Harry had been waking up with my knee or leg his stomach. I offered to sleep in the guest room but he told me to stay in bed and he could have went to sleep somewhere else too but he stayed.

"Juliette, Harry, it is wonderful to see you two again!" Our doctor walks in the room with her bright and cheery self making Harry jump by the sudden loudness.

"You too, doc." He murmurs as he rubs his eyes away of any sleep. "You know Harry, most times during a pregnancy it is the mommy that doesn't get much sleep, not the daddy." She laughs a bit but guilt floods my body.

"Apparently I kick in my sleep now." I laugh a little as the doctor moves her stool over to us. "Oh! Are your legs also burning at night or tingling?" She pulls out a pen and starts scribbling stuff down. "Oh my God yes, it feels like I'm being bit by a million fire ants."

"Okay so you probably have RLS a.k.a restless leg syndrome. Super common in pregnant women. The only thing you can do about it is try to take baths regularly and before bed try to massage them out so they don't get like that. Sleeping with heating pads will definitely help but there is no actual prescribed medications I can give."

"Alright, that sounds good." The doctor moves to me so she can start the ultrasound. S

he has me lift up my shirt so she can put the gel on my stomach. It is very cold and I let out a small hiss when she puts it on which makes Harry jump a bit before turning his focus on me.

The doctor puts the scanner thing on my stomach and we all look to the screen.

Harry grabs my hand as we see the baby. Our baby.

All the sleepiness in his eyes go away instantly as he looks at the child.

"Well since we are at 15 weeks we can officially tell the gender, do you want to know now or keep it as a surprise until you deliver?"

Our doctors ask us as Harry and I snap our heads toward one another. We had already previously decided that we weren't gonna wait to find out the gender. The sooner we know then the sooner we can start buying stuff and getting ready.

Every time we went to the store Harry would see something and want to get it but nothing he picked out was unisex. I was even getting reckless. I told myself that I wouldn't start planning a nursery or looking at names until I knew the gender. I didn't want to get stuck on a name and the child turn out to be the opposite gender.

"We want to know now." I tell the doctor and look back up to the screen. I can see our baby moving around a little. Harry and I turn to the doctor eagerly waiting for her to spit it out. She waits a moment, delaying our news before taking in a deep breath and letting a smile show on her face.

"Congratulations Ms. Easterling and Mr. Styles, you're having a baby girl."