chapter 30: nine and a half hours

April 5

April 5. 2020

"Harry!" I yell out from the living room, pacing around slowly. I have had contractions all day. They started with mild back pains and had gradually increased and turned sporadic, they had been spread out but now they seem to be more frequent and much more painful. Kitty has been very close to me today. He really hasn't left my side. Even now as I walk he is basically in my legs making me trip a bit over him.

I continue to walk around doing all that, that Allison girl said to do in class. I start humming a random tune to distract myself. Harry had just gotten in the shower so he probably can't hear me, instead of opening the window he uses the fan so it is loud and obstructs all hearing.

As I keep walking I feel myself leak. "Did I just pee myself?" I ask aloud in awe of the fact that I literally just peed myself. Then I feel and hear a small pop. A large rush of liquid runs down my leg. Holy fucking shit. No no no no.

"Harry!" I scream out kinda in shock not being able to move. I can feel my body start to shake a bit. Am I going into labor? No I'm not. I can't? This is too early. Way too early.

I keep getting large waves on contractions. My uterus feel like there is brick pressed on top of it and it is being drilled with a jack hammer 

I am only 3 days early but still, she is due on the 8th, not now. We can't do this now. I'm not ready.

Maybe it's false labor. That happens, right? Like a pre-water break? Lord I hope there is?

"Harry!" Harry now turns round the corner fast walking into the living room with a towel hanging low on his waist, "What? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He ask frantically grabbing my shaken hands.

"I think my water broke." His eyes widen and his pupils dilate into nothing. "It broke? Are you sure?" His hands begin to shake as well now. We are a mess.

"I think? Maybe? It popped."

"What do you mean maybe? What popped?"

"My vagina popped!" A large pain hits again making my groan just a bit.

"Oh shit. Okay. This is happening now." He guides me to the coach and helps me sit. "Okay you stay right here, let me uh, let me go get dressed, uhm I'll grab your bag, I'll grab the baby bag, the seat, let me get the seat, wallet. Where is my wallet? And keys. Good fuck we need to me more organized!" He rambled aloud to me while running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to grab all the items we need.

He comes back from the back room with my purse, the baby bag, and the car seat in his arms. The keys matched in his pinky finger and his wallet in his mouth. "Hold on, let me put this in." He says with his mouth muttered as he runs out the door. He comes straight back in and gets me and leads me out the door. "Kitty. What are we going do about him?" I ask as he shuffles me into the car and helps me in the Jeep. All our stuff was just thrown into the back. He seems more spastic than me.