✸ Chapter Twenty-Two: What's the Ultimatum?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀.

───○ ○───

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎: What's the Ultimatum?

𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

𝟏𝟗 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

───○ ○───

───○☆ ✸ ☆○───

               When Wanda Maximoff hadn't shown up for their sparring session that morning at the Avengers Facility, Lizzie got worried—because neither girl ever missed their sessions with one another. With everyone else? They had a habit for truancy sometimes, but never with each other. Lizzie and Wanda were opposites in a lot of ways being that one had super-human abilities and not a lot of "spy" or hand-to-hand combat training, and the other had every bit of that but was lacking when it came to working in a setting with an enhanced individual. But it was also just nice. Quiet. Lizzie's mind always worked in over-drive, but not when she was training. Wanda enjoyed the peace around Lizzie, and Lizzie enjoyed spending time with someone that was learning just like her. They trusted each other. 

In the last few weeks, the dynamic between them changed. Wanda was hesitant to use her abilities around anyone, much less Lizzie, whose mind was running circles around the deteriorating health of her aunt, her finals, the growing political debate of the Avengers, and her softball games. But they still showed up, even distracted, and they put in the work as best as they could. So when Wanda's absence was noticed on that Thursday afternoon, Lizzie didn't hesitate to take a trip upstairs to visit her bedroom. 

The door was open and the TV going, and Wanda tilted her head ever so slightly which told Lizzie she knew someone was there to visit her. She walked it without saying a word, heading directly to the bed and flopping down on it, laying down with her feet still flat on the ground. Neither of them talked for a short moment as they both quietly listened to the news report about the incident that happened at Lagos. It was everywhere. Even Midtown's morning reports were quick to jump on the bandwagon, having the student body take polls along with the rest of the world on if the Avengers should be held accountable for their actions. 

"I need to catch up on Bewitched," was all that Lizzie said, rubbing her eyes together in exhaustion and sitting back up, leaning her head on Wanda's shoulder as she did so. "I was going to watch it on the bus ride to Washington for our game this weekend, but it's more fun when you're there to explain everything."