✸ Chapter Twenty-Six: Juvenile Delinquent

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀.

───○ ○───

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗: Juvenile Delinquent

𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐋 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 ─ 𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍, 𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘

𝟐𝟔 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

───○ ○───

───○☆ ✸ ☆○───

               Peter Parker couldn't bring himself to document the day he'd had. The fun, little video montage that he started two hours into his adventure in Berlin didn't appeal him as much as it did yesterday. Maybe, maybe, if he hadn't stuck around long enough, he would have ranted to no audience about the fact that his freaking classmate was an Avenger. (Scratch that, the mother of his plant child was an Avenger). He would have found that information more surprising had it been anyone but Lizzie Carter—but honestly? If Peter had to place his bets, she would rank higher than even him on that yearbook superlative.

He didn't get to bask in any of those emotions because, rather than freaking out about the obvious elephant in the room, Peter had front row to a nauseating sight before Happy whisked him away. The government officials arrived before the ambulance came for Rhodey, rolling in by the dozens in black SUV's that seemed too stereotypical to be official. They were official. Peter figured that out when men in uniforms hustled onto the tarmac, large guns pointed in the direction of every Avenger that hadn't been fighting on his side.

That meant Peter Parker had to watch his classmate get arrested right in front of his eyes. Lizzie hadn't looked at him again after they first made eye contact, and he'd realized much too late that she had known who he was before she saw him without his mask on. Hawkeye hovered over Lizzie, and the natural instinct she had to look at him when he dropped to his knees and placed his hands behind his neck had her replicating the action. Peter thought he was going to vomit then, but when they aggressively lurched her and Hawkeye from the ground after shackling their hands with cuffs, he decided it may not be the best time to blow chunks.

"She's not armed. She's fifteen," he heard Hawkeye bark out to one of the men who pushed Lizzie up off the ground and in the direction of the SUV. "This what you guys do, huh? Gonna arrest a kid? Real cool of you, man."