☆ Chapter Four: Mister Miyagi

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀.

───○ ○───

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: Mister Miyagi

𝐒.𝐇.𝐈.𝐄.𝐋.𝐃. 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝟎𝟕 𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟑

───○ ○───

───○☆ ✸ ☆○───

"Newton's third law?"

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."

"The mitochondria is what?"

Elizabeth Carter raised her head at that question. Agent Monroe was standing in front of the same whiteboard in the same conference room as the first time they met, but this time, he actually wore a tie with his dress shirt. The last hour, he had been spitting out random questions in every subject area to gauge what she knew and what she didn't for their first day of official 'class.' The fact that it was a Monday didn't make it any better. To her bitter amusement, she enjoyed wiping the smile off of Monroe's face when he realized that Lizzie Carter was, in fact, definitely not an idiot. She didn't bother amusing him with any sarcastic commentary (aside from a few here and there) because she was too focused on drawing the man with an evil, pumpkin head in her notebook. Then, he asked that question.

A slow smirk started to spread across her face as she made eye contact with him. "Are."

"Excuse me?" he asked, his brows shooting up high as he stepped away from the whiteboard.

"'Are,'" she repeated, blinking once. "The mitochondria are is the correct way to ask that question since they are the powerhouse of the cell. Come on now, Monroe. I thought you'd know that. It's technically an English and a Biology question. Don't you have a degree in both?"

Agent Monroe's vein was back (she decided to call it Lionel), and his left eye twitched dramatically in a way that was supposed to be menacing, but really only made him look like something from A Bug's Life. She grinned, and he went to say something in retaliation, but was quickly interrupted when the door (that she could have sworn Monroe locked) was swung open quickly. Sharon stood in the frame of it. Her naturally-expressionless face broke only for a split second when her eyes found Lizzie sitting on top of the table, a hint of the warmth surfacing only to disappear when they turned in the direction of Monroe. That was when she finally took in the situation in front of her, brows shooting high up her forehead in question.