☆ Chapter Forty-Two: Friendship Bracelets

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀.

───○ ○───

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎: Friendship Bracelets

𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

𝟏𝟗 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟖

───○ ○───

───○☆ ✸ ☆○───

Peter Parker and Lizzie Carter were still failing their Stark-Certified partnership tests. They never expected Tony to go easy on them when they started fieldwork, but he outdid himself on that sunny Saturday afternoon. Apparently, for Tony Stark, training meant leaving the teenagers stranded in the woods. They were only a few miles out from the Avengers Facility but neither of them were supposed to know that fact. Happy Hogan was the one to blindfold and lead them like a sad, kindergarten class of two through the trees. Lizzie clutched tightly onto Peter's shoulders, who was holding onto Happy's, but they only got a few feet out before her hands found better safety around Peter's waist instead.

"Happy, I'm going to break my ankle," she hissed out. Lizzie was having a no-good, very BAD time. Peter tapped her right knee. Without thinking, she raised her leg and used her tennis shoe to feel for whatever it was. "What the fuck is that? Peter—"

With her panic rising and evil needle fingers bruising his sides, he tapped on Happy's shoulders with urgency. "Happy, can we please take these off? She's going to trip and take me down with her."

"Fine. We're far out enough..after you both do ten spins."

Lizzie dropped her hands from Peter to throw them around dramatically in the air. "Really, Happy? I have no idea where we are!"

"—yeah, me either—" Peter added at the same time. He ducked away when Lizzie's arm nearly clotheslined his throat. "Hey! Watch it."

"Watch what?!"

Happy Hogan's sigh went unnoticed between them. Peter's warning spiraled Lizzie, who thought a bear, or a snake, or a DEMON was coming to get her while she was blind. Tony owed him. Big time. The teenage girl stood a few inches away from Peter, and Happy rolled his eyes when she started throwing fists at nothing. Peter found distance when his partner became aggressive, and his hands outstretched in front of him to keep her swings at bay. Happy had the usual job of observing their behavior; whether they knew it or not, everything was a test. Peter's senses were heightened as a consequence of losing one, but his partner was drowning in hers.