☆ Chapter Thirteen: LIZZIE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀.

This chapter is dedicated to my black followers and those in the black community that have faced racial injustice their entire lives. I see you, I recognize you, and I am here for you. I will fight for your right and I will stand by you to see justice through. Black Lives have always Mattered. Now it is time for the rest of the world to see that and believe it. All my love to you. 

───○ ○───

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: LIZZIE

𝐒.𝐇.𝐈.𝐄.𝐋.𝐃. 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝟎𝟗 𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟒

───○ ○─── 

───○☆ ✸ ☆○─── 

                      Carson Mayfield was moving around her large, dim office frantically, fiddling with different things and then returning back to her laptop where she would let out a small curse word or two before doing it all over again. That had been going on ever since eight o'clock and now it was nearly eleven. Lizzie was sat on top of her work counter, criss-crossed, watching her sister's best friend run around anxiously. It was a Thursday, so she really shouldn't be at S.H.I.E.L.D. but she really didn't want to be holed up in the apartment by herself all day. Ever since she got back, she'd been coming in on Thursdays anyway and keeping Carson company (and sometimes, even though Sharon would kill both of them, Carson let her shoot some guns).

"Car," she spoke softly, watching her closely. "Is everything okay?" 

The blonde woman hesitated, stopping in her tracks and glancing over. "I'm fine, Baby C. Just stressed out." 

"Can I do anything to help?" 

Carson's eyes softened. "You don't need to get involved in this, kiddo."

Lizzie fiddled with the dog tags against her chest and ran her fingers along the expanse of the jagged chain in hopes that it would reduce her anxiety. The habit had switched for her. The panic button Carson had gifted to her in October stayed hidden underneath while Bucky's tags were on proud display for anyone to see. Carson had only just noticed it, her eyes flickering briefly down to Lizzie's hands as they held Bucky's name close to her, and she tilted her head intrigued.