✸ Chapter Twenty-Eight: White Ferrari

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀.

───○ ○───

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: White Ferrari

𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐀𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝟐𝟖 𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

───○ ○───

───○☆ ✸ ☆○───

      "Jesus, Scott. It looks like a bomb went off in here."

"Nope! But at least we know the FBI would get here quick with this thing."

Lizzie watched as the man gestured down to the jewelry cuffed to his ankle, and she winced just like every other time Scott Lang had casually brought up the reminder. Along with the ankle monitor being a condition of his release, Scott was also being babysat by the government—although, his proved to be a harder case to fight than her own. Her mom had managed to work around the "no contact with any affiliates" portion of the contract with Lizzie, and their family had been spending the last few weeks outside of New York and in California. Given that there were no solid charges against her after Berlin, they could not decisively say she was in affiliation and thus, Lizzie became Cassie Lang's babysitter (really, she was Scott's, but that didn't look so great in writing). Clint had also been released back to his family under the same conditions, and Lizzie had promised the man to come visit their farm over winter break.

Instead of addressing Scott's pointed remark at his house arrest, Lizzie focused her sights on the mangled debris of cardboard set haphazardly all over the place within his home. When Mike Carter got a text from Scott's best friend, Luis, reading SOS Emergency—Babysitting, Lizzie thought that Cassie had been stolen off the side of the street. Then, not even a minute later, another rely of "SHE'S OK" to ease the urge she had to leave the local gym and run all the way to Lang's. Her and her father separated ways after he dropped her off, claiming something along the lines of "there's a really good coffee shop down the street."

Then, Scott somehow managed to convince her to help set up a fort for Cassie for when she visited, and she had no choice but to accept. That left her sitting on the top of the steps, and her body contortioning in a way that shouldn't be humanly possible but she somehow did. Scott was laid out flat at the bottom, his head popping into the exit of the tunnel to speak with her through the cardboard occasionally. The shuffled 2000's Hits played in the background, accompanied by the sound of tape ripping against Lizzie's teeth.