☆ Chapter Eight: Give Me A Break

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀.

───○ ○───

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: Give Me A Break

𝐒.𝐇.𝐈.𝐄.𝐋.𝐃. 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝟏𝟗 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟑

───○ ○───

───○☆ ✸ ☆○───

"So, kiddo. You gotta boyfriend I can scare away with my arrows?" 

"Besides fictional characters and unattainable celebrities twice my age?" Clint's face twisted as she sneered his way, laughing loudly at his reaction. "There's this one kid I've liked since I was, like, ten. His name is Aaron. He just started noticing me whenever I moved to D.C. and now I'm cursed with seeing pictures on Instagram of him kissing Betty Brant everywhere I go—who, by the way, goes through relationships as quickly as she does books—so that won't last long. Still a hit to my ego."

"God, I forgot how tragic teenagers' lives are," he scoffed, his hands going to his face to rub away the thousand different sarcastic comments he could say to her. Lizzie narrowed her eyes on him. "What's so great about this Aaron kid, teenybopper?"

She paused. "He's cute." 

"'He's cute?'" Clint repeated, looking at her unamused. "Not smart? Or funny? I didn't think you'd be in the shallow waters here, kid." 

"Oh, no, he's not smart. He isn't brick-dumb, but he's definitely not going to get accepted into Midtown whenever all of us graduate from Lentworth—and he's the kind of funny where it just sounds cocky, and you have to laugh because you feel bad for him," she explained, then her face fell a bit when she realized what she was saying. She cringed, naturally, and turned to him. "Okay. So maybe his biggest attribute is that he's cute, but he plays baseball. I see him a lot." 

"Mhm, sure. Doesn't seem like it would even be fun to scare him. I'm sure you could do that all on your own." 

"I did that already. Sixth grade. He has a very large fear of napkins, and I'd filled his bag with them—" 

Clint scoffed loudly, rolling his eyes. "Napkins? Come on, kid. You can do better than that. Let Barbie Brent have him." 

"Betty Br—" she stopped in her correction when she realized what he meant. "You know what, you're right."