☆ ✸ ☆ 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 1.1: A New Year

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 𝙈𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙀.

───○ ○───

𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 1.1: A New Year

𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐍𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

𝟏𝟕 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

───○ ○───

───○☆ ✸ ☆○───

             Lizzie blew away the hair that had fallen in her face from her bun, staring at the ceiling of the New Avengers Facility. Here's the thing about physical therapy: it sucked. Not only because Lizzie knew what her body should be capable of, but she also knew the only thing holding her back right now was that same body. Right now, she was on a hundred-and-eighty-four little white ceiling tiles and counting. Her workout playlist had been overused three times in the timespan of the therapy session, and her playlist was an hour long, which usually had her terrified to wake up the next day. Today she was just happy to be able to move her leg freely without the constraints of the ugly, hard cast anymore. The sweat was collecting along her back, and if she laid on the ground any longer, she knew she'd start feeling the cold chills kick in.

When an audible inhale reminded her she wasn't dying alone on the matted floor, a teasing smile crept up her face. "When I told you that physical therapy sucked a few months ago, I wasn't expecting to join you."

"Ha...Ha," came from Rhodey, laying down a few feet away from her. His breaths were ragged, leaving him unable to say too much without huffing toward the end. "So... funny...."

She turned her head to face him. "You breathing over there?"

"Oh, you'll understand when you're older and you'll regret that one, you little shit."

Lizzie Carter couldn't stop herself from grinning ear-to-ear now, and then both of the Stark Rehabilitation Patients (copyrighted of course) heard the sound of footsteps approaching and that smile fell. Considering Vision never made a sound when he appeared, they could write that individual off. Tony usually never came around the rehab center unless he needed to speak to Rhodey and was willing to take being iced-out from Lizzie the entire time. Unlike Elsa, she had not let anything go.