𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. permeate my ego and my pride

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑷 𝑶 𝑽
❝ 𝚊𝚢, 𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚊! ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓," Mick nodded to Finley. They, along with Emily, were assigned to check out the newly discovered body down in Presidio Park. The three had small talk, right before they examined the body. All the injuries sustained by the man point to fighting to the death, just like she said.

Finley only clenched her jaw as she stared down the body, ignoring Emily's concerned look right before calling Hotch. They had even furthered the profile when they surmised that the unsub could've been a prisoner at some point due to the rubber bullet pelts, but all those little victories did nothing for the onslaught of emotions within her.

"Hey," Mick hesitantly whispered to her to gain her attention after he made a phone call to his team. She only hummed in reply, but that was enough for him to continue. "Finley, are you doing okay?"

"I'm...I'm gonna be," she shook her head. "But let's not...how are you, Mick?"

He scoffed at her. "Still one to avoid talking about herself." He shook his head and leaned closer. "I'm doing good. You?"

"As good as can be."

He contemplated for a moment, looking at how she seemed so far away as he stood right next to her. He gave a quick glance at Emily who was looking at the two of them in curiosity, before making the decision to pull her a little further away from prying eyes.