𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. things we've always been afraid of

╭ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╮

𝑷 𝑶 𝑽
❝ 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 ❞

╰ ⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸⊸ ╯

ㅤ𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐖𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 the bullpen together while sharing laughter and smiles, Grant quickly reached over to the agent who was assigned to the desk across from him with his palm up and a smirk on his face. Begrudgingly, the agent handed him a crisp twenty-dollar bill.

Gwen frowned in confusion once she spotted the exchange, but before she could walk over and ask, she was called over to Hotch's office.

"I'll meet you at the roundtable," Spencer told her, giving her a smile before pressing a kiss to her cheek. The agents who surrounded them all whooped and hollered while Gwen only rolled her eyes fondly, giving Grant an amused look before heading to Hotch's office. As he watched her walk away, Spencer gave the other agents a confused look. "Why were you all cheering?"

"Because it's finally happening," Grant simply told him.

As she stepped into Hotch's office, she was a little caught off-guard at the sight of Strauss sitting across from Hotch. She raised an eyebrow before closing the door behind her and sitting down next to the section chief.