power

not a fan of the band but this song is sick. thanks TBS for the rec haha

We drove for about another fifteen minutes, the radio on low, playing some kind of old song that none of us knew the words to. Occasionally I found myself bobbing my head to the bass, but I wasn't really paying attention to the music at all.

My thoughts were directed on the ever-growing pain in my forearm. When I lifted my sleeve to look at the scratch, it had become inflamed. The skin around the wound was red, and it tingled like no other cut I've had before. It was weird, making me place my hand over it and spread my fingers out to possibly rid the pain.

After we had found an entry to whatever lurked behind the outskirts of the stone wall that protected WICKED from the cranks, Jorge found a place to park the car. A secret building of some sort that was only a few blocks away from where all the madness laid. He told us all to file out of the car and to follow him as he and Thomas laid a tarp over the vehicle to prevent anyone from possibly stealing it. 

   The man didn't even know where he was going himself.

   As we began to walk towards the madness of it all, the smell started to overpower the air. I scrunched my nose up in disgust at the smoky scent, people from all over acting like their noses had been chopped off. I shook it off, reminding myself not to complain, but silently wishing I had stayed back in the car with Mae.

   I looked down at her as she jumped out of the way of a man who was two times the size of her, looking like he was in a rush to get to the other side of the neighborhood. I placed my hand on her shoulder as I shook my arm out of my jacket, taking it in my hands and nudging her with it.

   She turned around. "Wear this." I ordered, keeping my eyes straight as she walked beside me.

   Her eyes fluttered down to the clothing I was holding out to her, now only left in my dark flannel. She looked unsure.

   "Put it on." I spoke again, shoving the jacket into her chest as I kept my eyes on Frypan who was about five feet ahead of us. Mae nodded silently and took it from my hands, sliding it onto her shoulders in one swift motion.

   Only then did I turn my head to look at her, and I almost stopped walking at the sight.

   It was the first time I ever saw her in my clothes, or in anything I've worn. The jacket was a bit too big, her hands disappearing within the sleeves. She didn't try to fiddle with it or squirm, probably overwhelmed with her new surroundings and the fact that there were hundreds of people walking by us. For some reason, I felt a strange spurt of joy as I watched her move in front of me, looking back to see if I was following close behind.

   "C'mon." She murmured, taking my hand and pulling me forward to catch up to the others who were weaving their way through the crowd of people. Jorge moved his way in front of us, and I clutched Mae's hand tighter as we continued to walk against the current.

   I snapped out of my trance and turned my head to the side, spotting a person who was sitting on the ground against a blue truck, his head in his hands. I furrowed my eyebrows at the man as he began to shake his head, muttering incoherent things against the murmurings of everyone else who was walking by us.

   Only when I felt my arm be tugged forward did I tear my gaze from the guy. My head shot forward just in time to see Mae being pushed in the opposite direction, some man with a crazy look in his eye holding onto her arm as she stumbled into him.

   "Hey." I spoke harshly to him as I took a large step forward, trying to hide my limp. The man smirked at me as Mae ripped her arm out of his grasp and gave him a dirty look, grabbing me by my bicep as she moved on. I still had my head turned toward the man as he stared at her, the same cocky look on his face.